Audiobahn A8000T Amp. w/ 12 Kicker L7?

Username: Kickersubs21

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1
I plan on Buying a 12 inch kicker L7 (750w rms, 1500 w peak) with an Audiobahn A8000T amplifier. I was wondering if i plan on using it at 2 ohms (800w x 1 RMS) should i get the dual 4 ohm voice coil model or dual 2 ohm model? I read on one website that the dual 4 ohm was for putting 2 or 8 ohms into it and the dual 2 ohm was for putting 1 or 4 ohms into it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 397
Hope you realize you'll need two of those amps. Audiobahns arent known for putting out 100% of their claimed RMS power, to begin with..

You should go with the dual 4 ohm model, and wire them parallel, and run one of those amps to each one at 2 ohms each.

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 314
try a hifonics 1000.1 and get dual 2 ohm that should put around 800 rms

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 954
if your on a budget try a Hifonic 1605D or even a 2000D, since they only put out about 70%

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 955
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 20
The amp will put out about 750rms at 2 ohms an after losses which are always present you will be puttin about 700 rms into the sub which is enough an get Dual 4 ohm so you can wire ittopresent the amp with a 2 ohm load ..Audiobahn amps are a tad bit over rated when it comes to there RMS claims but dont worry the amp will be enough power for that particular sub

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 991
dude, my bad i dont no why i thought u where getting 2 l7's

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 992
the bahn will be fine

WC
Unregistered guest
I heard that audiobahn amp actually puts out like 780 watts RMS. Even if it did put out 750 watts RMS, that is still a good deal, 750 watts for only $140.

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 31
Yeah..Between 780 to 750 RMS is well worth 140..the thing is that you cant ask 140 for it used when people can buy it on ebay for 140 new so i would sell locally or trade it for some sh*t at an Audio Store that does trading ..ive taken in a junky old jensen an got 100 on the trade at Audiotek in South Houston

Bronze Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 32
Hold up i posted that last comment in the Wrong thread,,,my bad

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2
Thanks Seth Lowe, so should i get the 2 channel version of the amp instead (The A8002 Model) which puts out 400x2 RMS at 2 ohms?

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3
Never mind that last comment, my mistake, i was thinking about something else.........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us