Possible to port?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 218
is it possible to port a wedge shaped box? i want to get 1 12" SX but since i have a hatchback i have to make a wedge shaped box that goes up with the hatch. i really dont want to run SX in a sealed box so if somoene could link me or tell me how to port a wedge shaped box that would be much appreciated. everywhere i look it shows you how to figure out port length for retangular and square, but not wedge

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1197
easy. PVC. just make sure u can have enough port length. you couldnt do a slot port though if im understanding what ur saying...

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 485
Yes you can port even a sphere. The shape doesnt matter as long as it is physically possible to insert a port into it (length). It would be tricky to create a slot port in a sphere, but i am sure it could be done.

Just keep the port end at least 3" away from any walls so that it can breathe. Also keep the port away from the woofer. Point it in another direction to allow the box to resonate before the air exhausts out through the port, otherwise you may get port noise.

IMHO I believe that slot ports are basicly used to get rid of port noise. If you make a PVC port wide enough, it will not make noise, however a wide diameter port also means you have to make it longer too. Ports are configured based on speaker/enclosure compliance and/or air pressure.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 220
could anyone link me to where it would give recommended port size for a wedge box?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 495
http://www.reaudio.com/html/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us