Wires and fuses??

Bronze Member
Username: Tbonez

Post Number: 13
I have ordered all of my components and now I am ready to order my wiring. I am going to run two amps a kicker kx600.1 and a kx250. I plan to run 4guage from the battery back to a distribution block and 8 guage from the block to my amps. My questions revolve around cabling, fuses and manufacturers.
- Is the StreetWires name still a good one?
- Are there comparable cable manufacturers for a better price?
- What size fuse should I use in the inline battery fuse? Manufacturer recommends a 40 amp fuse for the kx600.1 and a 20amp for the kx250. Should I get a 60 amp fuse or should I get a 40amp fuse?

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 391
Try KnuKonceptz.com. Also, you might want to go with around an 80 amp fuse on your inline, give yourself a little bit of headroom.

Dosnt the KX600 recomend using 4 gauge in itself? You really might want to consider using a 0 gauge wire, this presents less resistance, and gives you plenty of room to upgrade in the future..Or even if you never upgrade, this way you wont be stressing your 4 gauge wire.

KnuKonceptz has 0 gauge for less than $2 a foot if you go with the normal stuff.. But to answer your question.. Yes, StreetWires are good.. But honestly, wire is wire.. Main difference is how easily the wire bends etc.. (Like I purchased this kicker 0 gauge wire that's CRAZY flexible.. it's what I use )

I'd really check out knukonceptz before ordering anything else etc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us