SUB CUTTING OFF AT HIGH VOLUME/GAIN NICE SETUP

Username: Andy305mia

Post Number: 2
i have a rockford fosgate t5002 briged into 2 ohms, and 1 puch p3 12" sub wired into 2 ohms. i have an optima yellow top battery, and a 4 gauge cable and ground. i have it hooked up to my factory radio using a converter for the rca's that hook up into my rear speakers and act as an rca input. when i turn the volume and the gain on my remote bass up the subs cut off but the led light doesnt turn off so i know the amp is on the whole time its happening. can it be my radio? are the cables too small? i have the gain turned up half way on the actual amp. please help

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 255
same thing happens to me. i have the same set up with the rca converter. I have heard that the bass boost remote thats wired to the amp overrides the gain settings on the amp. I'm not sure if this is the case, but i am going to try to disconnect it and see if it stops. you should too, if you have the wired remote hooked in.

Post Number: 4
that cant be right can it? it supposed to work with the remote, it was made for that.

Post Number: 5
ill try it though, thanks. any more suggestions out ther???

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 257
right i know, but it says its a bass booster, and people use the gain as a volume control so it sort of makes sense to me. I dunno, i could be wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 578
The gain isn't a volume control. You use that to match up the voltage of the HU pre outs to the amp. It's set once and never touched again unless you install a new HU of different pre out voltage. Also, your bass boost can make the amp clip and maybe overheat and it can turn off.
www.bcae1.com - Check out for details on clipping and setting the gain correctly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us