Which components for me?

Bronze Member
Username: Pjrage

Post Number: 16
I'm not sure which components are for me? I want to get out and hear some, but I'm not sure which dealers have what around here (I will look into that). But to narrow down what I'm looking for, I want a speaker that gets LOUD, will stay clear, and has GREAT SQ!

I don't mind a bright speaker, in fact I almost prefer it. I don't want it to be HARSH, but bright is surely welcomed. I am looking for 5.25" component sets, because I am not interested in messing with modifying my speaker mounts for 6.5". I would do this, however, if the deal was sweet on 6.5s, or if the sound difference is truly worth it (I will have subs). The components will be pushed from my 4ch amp, 65w x 4 @ 4ohm, 75wx4 @ 2 ohm RMS continuous. If there are speakers that are worth it and in my price range, I COULD just not run rears, and go 2ch on this amp 150wx2 @ 4ohm RMS continuous.

So anyway...

The brands I have looked at so far include Infinity kappa, MB Quart, CDT (couldn't find much info here, as far as which models are good, which aren't, etc), and Focal.

I have no idea how these all match up, I just tried to research some of the brands I have heard mentioned as the top ones.

I only have ~ $200 to spend on these speakers now (perhaps upgrade in the future), so I'm obviously looking for a good deal (ebay, etc).

It looks like for just over 200 I can get some premium level MB Quarts (PCE-213) (which are a top option right now), and for 250 (pretty far over my limit) I can get some focal 136k. Does anyone have opinions on these two brands? How do they match up?

The infinity kappas seem ok too, something like the 50.7cs or the infinity kappa perfect 5.1s. These don't seem to have the reputation that the MB Quarts / Focals have, though. How do these match up?

Also, which CDTs would be the ones I would look at, and where could I pick them up? How do they match up to the other speakers mentioned?

What other stuff can I look at in my price range?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us