I need a head unit

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 291
anyone have a cheap old head unit i can buy better yet have =)
also any old subs or amps too not lookin for quality or loudness just a little bass
im just keeping my car a few more months and i just want to be able to have some music (all my stuff was stolen and insurance wont cover it)
thanx
i just require a cd player and radio single din setup
doesnt have to have rca outs or any features

thanx

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2140
I think so, actually. I have an Aiwa CDC-Z117. I guess I could sell it for 20$ and you pay shipping. It's in great condition and has the harness-no install cage or trim ring.

If you really want a cheap headunit, I have a JVC KD-GS920 that has a loose faceplate(someone attempted to steal the unit while the faceplate was off so slight cosmetic damage is on the plate the faceplate covers) but just has to have the faceplate held down a bit for full functionality. I'll sell the JVC for 10$ and you pay shipping and handling.

I also have an oldschool alpine amp but it's only 30wX2 so I'm not sure if you'd want it or not. I'd price it around 35$ or so.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 301
ill probily buy the aiwa let me get back to you on saturday my friend might to find an old one layin around for me
how much is shippin usually i live in 33160 FL

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2141
About 7-10$ according to usps.com.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 306
thats cool ill see tommarow also where did u find those wiring diagrams i need one for my camry
it has all wierd colors and messed up harnesses
if you can can you find me one?
its a 93 camry

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 97
If you want a little better one i have a Panasonic DFX15OU head unit works good for $60 you pay shipping, I also have a jl audio 10wo in a prowedge box for $50 you pay shipping and also two 10" treo engineering subs also.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2145
Constant 12V+ Blue/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Gray
Ground Brown
Illumination Green
Dimmer Black/Gray
Antenna Trigger Black/Red
Antenna Driver's Pillar
Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors
Left Front (+) Pink
Left Front (-) Purple
Right Front (+) Light Green
Right Front (-) Blue
Rear Speakers 6 1/2" Rear Deck
Left Rear (+) Black
Left Rear (-) Yellow
Right Rear (+) Red
Right Rear (-) White

I've been using http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.asp

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 310
thanx jexx alot
julian thanx for the offer but my friends givin me 2 10's tommarow and maybe a hu if he can find one but if not im going with jexx's aiwa
im savin up as much as i can so i can blow it all on my next car
anyone have a 300 rms mono @ 2 ohms amp ?
julian the model doesnt work but my cousin needs a hu can you repost the model number ill see if he wants it

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 311
oh and jexx is the switched 12v the aka power wire ?

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 312
wait i sound like an idiot its not which wire would i connect my amp to ... i know its blue or supposted to say power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
The head unit is 2002 or a 2003 i dont know why it dosent show it i couldnt find it either but that is the exact model number. But i found one that look like the one im selling.

Upload

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 315
what are the specs on it like the number of rca outs and the voltage on them u know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
Well when i had looked it up back when they were still selling it on the internet it was 50wx4 2.2 volt rca and it has three rca outputs subwoofer,rear,front.

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2146
The switched 12v is the ignition wire and hooks up to the solid red wire coming from your headunit. You'll have to run a new wire for the remote turn on to the amp itself.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 318
my bad im a lil confused on that
so im not supposed to hook up my rem wire to the ignition or every time i turn on the car the amp turns on
does the HU have a rem wire coming outa it that doenst need to be connected to my original car wires that i can just hook up my amp rem wire to

my car had an aftermarket sony HU in it that hardly worked but they already had all the wire colors up to date so it was real easy for me to connect them all

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 321
oh and jexx my friend didnt have a HU so ill buy the aiwa from you how do you want to set this up ?

Gold Member

USA

Post Number: 2149
Yeah, the headunit has an amp remote turn on (blue w/ white stripe) that you can hook up to the amp remote turn on.

Shipping and handling will be $9 for USPS Priority Mail (2-3 days). I prefer Paypal, but if you have another way to pay that's cool, just let me know how you want to pay.

Email me: spinsharp@gmail.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us