Eclipse 3434

Username: Davey_n

Post Number: 8
Anyone know anything about this unit? I've been googling it and can't find anything. I like how it's black and very simplistic looking, it would fit my car pretty well in that manner... but functionality ofcourse comes first.. so if anyone knows anything, holler

VinnyQH
Unregistered guest
The CD3434 is last years model. It is a very good sounding unit. Has 2.8 volt pre outs. First in the eclipse line for motorized face. Plays MP3s. Don't know what else you want to know.

Vinnyqh@gmail.com

VinnyQH
Unregistered guest
The CD3434 is last years model. It is a very good sounding unit. Has 2.8 volt pre outs. First in the eclipse line for motorized face. Plays MP3s. Don't know what else you want to know.

Vinnyqh@gmail.com

Post Number: 10
i've also been looking at the 5444, because i found a good deal on this as well. would it be worth spending another 100 to get this unit? what's so much better about the 5444 than the 3434, besides the 5v preouts. And is the 5v preout that much nicer?

VinnyQH
Unregistered guest
yes, the 5v is much better then the 2.8 volts of the cd3434. if you are unsure of how voltage works you can goto http://www.eclipse-web.com/cd/audio1.html that will tell you how the voltage works. I used to have that deck, and i liked it. The only thing i didn't like on the cd5444 is how the face opens. It kinda comes out and then down, where as the cd3434 just opens.

The thing i liked about the cd5444 is that you get the time alignment option and then you also get what they call e-iserv. Which allows you to customize your car and sound system on you computer then transfer it onto a memory stick and insert that into the head unit. Another nice feature (not that great if you are a true audiophile) is that you can store MP3s on the memory stick and play it through the head unit.
How much are you gonna spend on the cd5444 if you don't mind me asking. Just wondering becuase if you are spending in the range of 400 bucks for it i have a cd8053 with the balance box for sale.

vinnyqh@gmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I don't know how much i would get it for, i saw it on ebay... winning bidder just took one for 207... there's another one that i'm considering although i jsut bidded on a 5435.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us