Which amp for 4 15's

Javier85
Unregistered guest
I need help choosing an amp can anyone help I plan to run 4 15's 2000w max 1000wrms each. Any suggestions would help.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 86
Neew to know what type?

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 87
And voice coils

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 385
so a 4000 ohm load? Might want to consider four seperate 1000w amps, would be much more money efficient... or even a pair of 2000 watt ones... but what exactly ar eyou looking for? Just one amp? What's your final ohm load etc?

Silver Member
Username: Young_james

Canada

Post Number: 121
Like Ty said, we need to know the VC and the name of the subs. If they are top names, than you need big amps, but if they are only lanzars or something, than you don't need nearly the same size amps. Need more info!

Javier85
Unregistered guest
ok sorry mtx 9500's dual 4 ohm coil

Silver Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 152
how about 2 Alphasonik PMA1200D.
here are the specs to the amp.
http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?products_id=1060

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2055
Alphasonik falls into the same ctagory like audiobahn so i wouldn't pick that .

the cheapest amp anybody should buy on a really tight budget is Hifonics .

Silver Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 366
2 Orion 2500d or Kicker KX2500.1 would probably be the cheapest and dependable choices

Javier85
Unregistered guest
ok those amps are around $400-500 which isn't bad but for 2 it would be 5000rms isn't it too much the subs rms are only 4000rms.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2058
u hardly see any 2000wrms amps so thats prolly why he said that & maybe cause ebay has it reasonable .

Crossfire , Rockford & MMats make 2000wrms amps

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 18
Have you taken into consideration that to power all four of those subs with 4000rms you will need around 400 amps current draw coming from your alternator and extra batterys ..... but on another note i would say that with four 4ohm DVC subs you should get two amps that are atleast 2000 rms an to cut down on the current draw needed i would go with Class D mono amps that are 1 ohm stable an atleast put out 2000 rms at 1 ohm mono then wire two subs together in 1 ohm mono an present a set to each amp

Bronze Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 19
Or atleast thats what i would do ..but i would probably just go with two of those subs ( which is more then enough ) an then use the money from sellin the other subs to go towards my amps an then get 2 Class D amps that put out 1000rms at 2 ohms an then wire each subs for 2 ohms an present 1 to each amp by doing this you would get great SPL an also have nice SQ as well

Javier85
Unregistered guest
yeah I know i'm gonna need a big alternator but I still want to keep all 4 just want to see what it can do(probably make me def)what brand amps though I looked at the ones you've suggested so far but really haven't found a crossfire or mmats and the rockfords I found are refurbed so that means they already broke and don't want something that is gonna give out. Thanks for the suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Alexv305

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 36
Get two Soundstream PCA2000Ds. Those will slam those subs like no tomarrow. 4000w RMS; you would be pushing them perfect. Make sure you get some really-fat power cable like definitely a 0 gauge and a huge alternator and power capacitor... You are most likely going to need like 2 or 3 extra batteries. Lol. It will sound insane though. lol I love it..

Bronze Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 37
Post a link of the Subwoofers..I want to see them.

Bronze Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 38
Ok nevermind I didnt read..MTX 9500..yeah those babies will slam with Soundstream amps.. Make sure you wear ear plugs man.

Javier85
Unregistered guest
ok thanks alot man the soundstream sounds perfect.

Javier85
Unregistered guest
I just looked up the soundstream and price is even great but on the box it says 2000watts max and on the specs it says 2000rms which one is right? again thanks for all the help.

Bronze Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 48
well soundstream rates their amps on "true wattage" not peak..so hopefully that will help.. good luck man. let me know how it goes...

Bronze Member

Tavernier, FL USA

Post Number: 49
oh and it does put out 2000w rms..soundstreams amps i believe are the the only decently priced amps on the market. 2000w rms for only $500 and sometimes less...thats a bargain..

Javier85
Unregistered guest
yeah I found them for 375+shipping ok man thanks alot hopefully it'll kick @ss
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us