Got amps n sub but which headunit n speakers

Teeg
Unregistered guest
sorry for posting this thread in the wrong forum but the other links seem to be having technical difficulties except accesories. but anywayz im ordering most of my car stereo gear from indoaudio on ebay and so far im goin with 2 10w7's and a 1000/1 to power them and a 300/4 to power my speakers, but now im at a loss for which speakers n deck, i know he offers mb quarts and i was wondering if i should go with those or if theres anything better i could find on ebay like some focal polykevlars perhaps? also which deck is a good choice, money is not much of a problem. thx for your time

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 893
ID Chameleons

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 894
http://cgi.ebay.com/Image-Dynamics-CXS64-Chameleons-6-5-Components-4-ohm_W0QQite mZ5811186799QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4161
the focal's are great speakers as are dynaudio,a/d/s,Boston acoustic,Image dynamics,ect.. as far as a deck IMO you should go with Alpine or Eclipse:-)

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 464
I personally listened to the Focals, MB Quart, Diamond Audio, and a few other component sets at Magnolia HI-FI just a few months ago.

Although MB Quart seem to have the flatest response (right off the batt), the Diamond Audio actually reveal better detail, and sound more natural. The mids are muffled on the MB Quart comnpared to the Diamond Audio and sound rather dead. The diamond Audio have excellent sound stage, excellent controll, and offer more dynamic response (7").

The others sounded mechanical. Yes, even Focal. Mechanical = it sounds as if it is coming from the speaker and it doesnt sound as if you are right there in the studio.

Just my $.02.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1993
Well only yesterday i finally received my Premier 860 & Alpine 545 4 chan amp which i'm gonna power my comps with , i ordered 2 pairs of Inf Ref 6.5 , would of loved Perfects but i don't wanna spend that much now .

So Teeg - that deck i like & perfects is what i would pick ....Upload

Teeg
Unregistered guest
thx for all your help guys ill look into those
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us