Infinity kappa perfects vs jl audio xr650s

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 207
both cost about the same online, which would be better with the mid range in the stock spot on the door and the tweeters either on the dash under windsheild or on the door if i take the time to drill a new hole?

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 46
I've had experience with the Kappa's but they were the old green Kappa speakers, the tweeters were very bright and more suited for a coaxial type of install. I'de say the JL Audio's are the better buy, I trust JL more than Infinity.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 209
alright thanks, ive heard from 2 people that they loved them but i heard from a few people they were really bright so ill probably just go with JL because theres a local dealer who i could always take them to if i had any problems. off the top of my head the xr650s are 70wrms right? how much do you think you could give them safely with still being able to turn the volume up a decent amount?

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 54
Probably 200 to 300 watts RMS for the pair if you kept the head unit feeding a clean signal and the amp from clipping.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 210
haha alright, i was only planning on like 100-125, not trying to blow them, but 70 rms seems a little low imo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us