HELP! 2400 wat fosgate amp.....

Username: Mikegrab21

Post Number: 1
I have a 2400 watt rockford fosgate amp, optima battery,i believe a 2 gauge power wire but might be 4 gauge, custom ported box ( i believe could pound anything out), a nice jvc deck, and two type r 12s. I was pounding the subs great then i got the deck. This made them clearer and pound harder. After like 10 months i decided to mess with the gain on the cd player and eventually blew one of the type R's. This system was bangin' mind you. Does anyone know of awesome subs that could take the fosgate 2400 watt amp, with out spending as much for W7s? Thanks

Post Number: 3
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1185
there are many subs. wth would you send 2400w to typre Rs anywys? and what fosgate amp pushes 2400w rms? and for that amp you need atleast 2gauge wire not 4. and a HO alternator. wait for RE and AA's new lines to come out, im sure something can fit ur needs. other than that maybe 2 eclipse Tis. Stereointegrity Mags. diamond D9s. Rockfor T2... idk if u want SPL or SQL?

Post Number: 4
haha yea type r's are not competition worthy, my bad- that was 2400 watt max, and i want to say 898 rms? does that sound right? Yea i was thinking about the power hx2 t2, i am in vegas and the dude that made my box talked up the RE subs....But i am on the poorer end...So cheapness (thats my explanation for the type r's) and the port makes the SPL so i guess more SQL...I am about to look up info on the other subs tho..thanks for the post

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1940
post that amp's model no so we can check it out ......

& what will be your max budget ?

Post Number: 5
801S yea i believe the report was 989 rms at 2 ohms, it is a 4 channel but it is bridged. Max budget would be $800 for both if that is possible?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1942
this ?
http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=53

# 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
# 400 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
# 800 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

how could this possibly blow 2 Rs ? - did u crank up the vol too much & distort it to death ?????

Post Number: 6
yea it is except 989 watts rms x 1 at 2 ohms ( i had a report, it is an underrated amp( really rare that it is underrated)) Yea it blew after i had it for 11 months or so and wanted to push it to it's limits...so pretty much what u said

Post Number: 7
so...cheapest subs that could take the power of my amp???

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1948
even if u have the old 400wrms Rs - i still don't understand how 1 blew .

u might want to try RE SE 600wrms subs ......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1949
$169 each - but i recently heard on the forum that new stuff is coming out & nothing is being sold right now

Bronze Member
Username: Transient

TaosUSA

Post Number: 15
Audiobaun,Orion,Kicker solo x's, Hifonics Zues series, Pheonix Gold, they all can handle that amp. Even Rockford fosgate power series would be the logical choice.

Post Number: 8
Any word of the Alpine type X?

Post Number: 9
where is a cheap place to get these good subs?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1972
the cheapest Alpine subs incl free s/h i've seen apart from ebay

http://www.carstereoland.com/shop/shop_goodsview.asp?Top=1&g_code=20057117255390 57298

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
so any word of the alpine type x, cause the price is right

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2013
buy 1 of the 2ohmsDVC version to work with your amp

alot of threads have posted on them & everybody seems happy with it - i ordered 2 12 Rs for myself.......

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2014
HOLD ON !

Ijust realised type X ONLY COMES IN 4OHMS DVC !

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i wired my r's to 2 ohms since dual voice coil.... but the x's 3000 watts? can they compete with power hx2's? cause they are alot less...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2028
WRMS is the standard to look @ - not MAX !

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
ok ok fine that still doesnt answer my question tho...which is better? and any word of the type x i know they are on the new side.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Audiobahn AWES12P that wrms at 1100... good subs? not familiar at all with them

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/171672.html
(poor quality and durability is what it sounds like)damn the alpines are sounding like damn good subs for 285 each....feedback haha anyone? for these subs?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2036
if u been reading ppl's threads u will see ALOT of happy X owners - u can ask them in their threads

but like i told u above a X WILL WORK NOT WITH YOUR AMP .......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
how come x wont work with my amp? the r's did and they are dual 4 ohm voice coiled too...?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2050
X on ly comes in a 4ohms dvc version & its 1000wrms

a single 4ohms dvc sub when both vc are connected together will = a 2ohms load
your amp mode does only

# 200 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
# 400 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
# 800 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

even if u connect 1 vc / channel it will only get 200wrms @ 4ohms

if u got a SVC 4ohms or a single 2ohms DVC sub it can work for u .......

oh btw - reason y your pair of 4ohms dvc worked is because (2) 4ohms subs connected together = a 1ohm load ..

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 2052
" = a 1ohm load .."

thats a typo , should be = to a 4oms load .....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Rovin...i am so sorry...that isnt my amp Mine is a 4 channel...it is not one of the new ones...it looks like the one in the link but i cant even find it on the internet... i would just look at it and tell you but i am in reno right now and wont be back in vegas(where it is at) for awhile. i believe it is more closely related to a P8004. I know it is 2400 watts max and a 4 channel. Punch series. And i had it hooked up to two 12" type r's dual 4 ohm voil coils wired to two ohms each. So what i am really asking i guess is that the best subs would be RE 12's or eclipse TI's? I blew one of the 1500 watt max alpines when i pushed my amp all the way...so i do need some either more powerful or more sturdy. I thought the type x would do it... but would i under power those subs?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 997
hey, a have a type x for sell

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 293
TI's are 750 rms apeice, and if you are talking about the RE SE's they are 600 apeice. If you amp pushes out almost 1000 like you say, the TI's would be underpowered quite a bit. The SE's have some of the best SQ you can get, and the TI's are more SQL. I personally would take the SE's. The SE's can also get pretty loud as well. They would better match your amp and have better SQ. You would be happier if this is going to be a daily driver install. Also, the SE's cost less then the TI's.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
i am confused tho....the type r's have the same rms watts as the TI but i blew the type r...how do i know that wont happen to them too. That is one bad amp i am telling yall.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us