Need some help

Username: Retiredfordtech

Post Number: 2
I own a 1991 Ford Econline E 350 club wagon and I am trying to install a pioneer DEH-P700MP AM FM CD Player and I have the power all hooiked up and I hooked in the right front speakers and found no sound and I checked all and still no sound and then realized that the amp was not working and so I rechecked all the wires and found only one wire is not in use and it is a Orange With blue stripe and I tried grounding it and still nothing and then I tried running the pioneers antenna /amp power wired to it and still nothing wire was blue with white stripe and nadda and so I installed the factory AM FM cassette and walla sound again but for the sake of arguement I disconnected that orange with blue stripe and no sound so the key is that wire. I need some guidance here. I am a retired Ford tech but cannot recollect what type of power that the wire takes to activate the amp

Retired Ford Tech

Bronze Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 93
The blue wire on the HU should be the one you connect the remote wire from your amp to. I know, I have tried that before too and my amp would not come on. The orange wire is just a for a dimmer or something so just leave it disconnect and cap it off. I always run my amps remote wire to the fuse box.

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 37
ok quick question, are you sure you had the remote lead from the Pioneer hooked to that wire and not the antenna lead? If you had it on CD and put the Ant lead to it nothing would happen.

Post Number: 3
Hi Brian, I found the culprit that seems to effect it is a Orange with blue
stripe ! What was your friends salvation on the installation, I did hook up the factory again and it worked like I never took it
out but if I disconnected the orange with blue strip it did the same. It
apparently does not take any real voltage so I am guessing mille amps ?
Tom

Post Number: 4
Hi Mark. You said ""The blue wire on the HU should be the one you connect the remote wire from your amp to. I know, I have tried that before too and my amp would not come on. The orange wire is just a for a dimmer or something so just leave it disconnect and cap it off. I always run my amps remote wire to the fuse box"" Mark where in the fuse box do you go to ??? I really need guidance here. Do you know what fuse turns on the amp for my fuse box is not numbered and I no longer have her manual. 1991 Ford Econoline E 350 club wagon 1 ton

Bronze Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 94
Use a circuit tester. Find a fuse that gets juice when your key is foward and when your vehicle is running, but doesn't get juice when the key is off. Pull that fuse and wrap the remote wire around the prongs and plug it back in.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us