Need Guidance and help

Username: Retiredfordtech

Post Number: 1
I have a 191 E 350 Ford Club Wagon and I am installing a pioneer AM FM cd player and my van has a amp and after hooking up the right front speaker wiring I saw I had no volume and I noticed that all wires were accounted for except for an orange w blue stripe and for sake of tests I checked to see if it was a ground and no effect and I saw the amp was not working I next tried the wire on the pioneer for antenna and amp a blue w white and still nadda I hooked up a seperate speaker and the unit is putting out sound but my trucks amo is not working ! I rehooked the original AM FM Cassete and walla all was good and foir sake of arguement I unhooked that orange with blue stripe and all was dead again. Where do I go with this ? It is a pioneer with a removable face and cd goeds in behind the face and you put the face back up and play. model number DEH-P6700mp. I am a former Fords Tech but retired now for over 8 years and cannot reccolect how to slove this headache.

Retired Ford Tech

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 36
my friend had a Ford Explorer, nothing special; tape deck, regular speakers but apparently it had an internal amp. His wire was blue if I recall but that wire may need a hot lead, I'de hook the factory back up and check it with an ohm meter, see if it's getting pos voltage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us