Headunit with 4 preouts

Username: Davey_n

Post Number: 5
I had finally found a headunit i wanted the premier 770, but i just realized that it only has 3 preouts and i need 4. can someone recommend a headunit with 4 preouts with 4+ volts per outlet and not too pricy? I can't find a whole lot of info on the eclipses, do they have 4 preouts?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2119
They don't make headunits with four pre-outs. That would be excessive. You can just use Y-splitters to split the signal off whatever RCA you need output from.

Post Number: 6
well this is actually what i plan on doing and it says that's what it requires... what do you think is the best way to go about doing this? btw, I don't plan on replacing my speakers and amp just yet.

here's the link, scroll down to "a4 - replacing the delta cassette"

http://www.audiworld.com/tech/elec.html

sorry it will not let me directly link it

thanks

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2122
He means 4 channels of preouts which is the equivalent to 2 pre-outs total. Apparently he used the front and rear pre-outs on that Blaupunkt (it's a shame he used such a trashy deck-that's their worst head unit).

It would be really nice if you could replace the amp and speakers as soon as possible, even with a better head unit, it's not going to make that big of a difference with the bose amp and speakers with odd parameters.

Thanks for the article, I even learned something from it.

Anonymous

yeah, every aftermarket headunit has 4 preouts (2 pairs) and a lot of them also have 1 more set of preouts for sub output. So, you can pretty well buy anything you want.

Post Number: 7
haha, your pushing me to replace my speakers and amp already AND you think i'm in a better boat than i realy am. I don't even have the bose speakers, the ones i have are much worse horrible. I need to do some more research before i jump into replacing them though. I really don't know what i'm looking for... i'll probably be posting in the speakers section of the forum soon so i can get some help on finding speakers that will fit my doors without a hassle.

thanks for all your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us