Pioneer AVIC N2

Username: Adikted

Washington

Post Number: 1
I have just purchased a Pioneer AVIC N2. I'm a girl and I need GOOD instructions on how to disable my DVD thingey for lack of a better word. I was told I could drive with the e brake up just one click but I'm unconvinced that it's ok for my car to do that. I've read that I may have to have some kind of switch to turn it on and off. Anyhow.....Please help.

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 76
That unit either needs to have switches or has to be opend up and soldered. The ebrake is there for a reason, whoever told you that is silly., it will burn the brake up.

Silver Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 130
I found this. Hope it helps!

Below are instructions on how to bypass the lockouts on the Pioneer AVIC-N2 and AVIC-D1. It is real simple, and does not require any complex switches or anything. We figure these are service or testing modes, and were not intended to become public.

Our Pioneer guy claims to not know anything about it, but who knows, that may just be a line.

This bypass will do three things:
1. Makes all nav functions available while driving (just like they should be)
2. Make video playback available while driving
3. No more parking brake warning box!!!

AVIC-N2 lockout bypass: Underneath the MAIN unit (not the hideaway) is a small silver sticker, peel this back. There are two contacts with the label "R197". Drop a bit of solder between these to connect them. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire.

AVIC-D1 lockout bypass: Find an extra Pioneer wire harness, and pull one of the wires out. Or, if you do not use the A.ANT lead, pull that out of the harness. In the AVIC-D1 harness, there is one open spot on the connector (next to the ground wire). Put the wire into the open spot on the connector, connect the other side to ground, then re-connect the plug to the AVIC-D1. Also, you must ground the Parking Brake wire (or connect to a toggle switch if you feel the need).

Thats it, all there is to it, and all the lockouts are bypassed. Easy, give it a try.

lippens1
Unregistered guest
does anyone know any tricks to entering addresses in the adress search i cant even get it to find my house

Silver Member

Post Number: 797
no tricks, you have to call pioneer and give them the address, they will have to turn it in to the people that make the maps, and it will not be on it until they update the discs, 12-18mos is when they told me they update discs. i have some where I live.

Unregistered guest
somebody please give me info is the avic-n3 the next system and if so is it better i dont see the real difference, i also heard there is a avic-z1 also is that true

Unregistered guest
one other thing when putting in your own bg images in the navi background how do u view it my jenna jameson pic is only veiwable for the second it changes to the address screen oh yeah both questions are for the n2

Unregistered guest
hey nikole, i have recently bought a avic- n2 and unless you are the best solderer in the world do not even attempt to solder it. even if you know someone who is dont let them, the two contacts are so brittle that they break when attempting to solder them. there is a pin called circuit writer. you'll have to go to a electronic store to get one i imagine. its a little pricy but its worth it. i think its around 25 dollars.
the circuit writer pin is a that has small amounts of gold in the ink. all you do is remove the silver sticker under the sleeve of the dvd player. then draw a line between the two connecting them. and ty mutlow. this works. i will send you a video of it working while im driving if you want me too. lol. but seriously dont attempt to solder it.

Unregistered guest
hey nikole, i have recently bought a avic- n2 and unless you are the best solderer in the world do not even attempt to solder it. even if you know someone who is dont let them, the two contacts are so brittle that they break when attempting to solder them. there is a pen called circuit writer. you'll have to go to a electronic store to get one i imagine. its a little pricy but its worth it. i think its around 25 dollars.
the circuit writer pin is a that has small amounts of gold in the ink. all you do is remove the silver sticker under the sleeve of the dvd player. then draw a line between the two connecting them. and ty mutlow. this works. i will send you a video of it working while im driving if you want me too. lol. but seriously dont attempt to solder it.

Unregistered guest
the two contacts are so brittle that they break when attempting to solder them..... i wish i new that b4 i tried it....can anyone help me out with the complicated switch way or have any other way of makin it work... i really dont want to risk frying the system

Username: Best_buy_guy

Post Number: 2
I soldered them together today...SUPER EASY!!!
you dont even have to touch the unit...just place one dot of solder on the 2 tips and your done!!! couldn't beleve how easy it was! just look and you'll see 4 your self!

Username: Madcock

Tampa, Florida

Pioneer AVIC-Z1, A great piece of electronics as long as your sitting still. I have owned 5 gps units and never have been this dissatisfied. The AV is wonderful, you can use all AV menus while traveling except Video (who cares I can't watch movies and drive anyway) but why they would not let me pick a POI while driving boggles the mind. On my first trip last week (16 hours of windshield time) I found myself having to pull off the interstate a number of time to stop so I could change a simple option or look up a place to eat or dim the screen as it got dark (that bright screen became a safety issue). My $300 Streetpilot from Garmin is easier to use. Now that I have spent $ 2200 I have to hope someone comes up with a way to bypass this ugly issue.

Username: Noxided

Huntsville, Texas Usa

I just tried to solder mine and nothing happened. Is still works but I cant trive and have a dvd playing. I followed the steps just as they said. I have the n2, any other ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Bclemms

Post Number: 18
I have the N-2 and can't solder worth a crap. As soon as I found the shortcut I went to Wal-Mart, bought a $5 solder kit and plugged it into my power invertor. I pulled the unit removed the sticker and dropped some solder between the two silver dots and it worked perfectly. It is the only thing that I have ever soldered. I did all this in the parking lot. I was to the point I was going to sell my N-2 and put in my N-1 just because the unit is a waste if you can't use it while driving.

Username: Over40

Corona, CA USA

I just got the Z1 installed. I am going on a road trip this month and need to do a couple of Mods. I want the POI to run and the DVD while driving. How do I do this. Also what is with the pioneer web site, it has been down since Tuesday...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2240
search through the other bypassing threads it is in there, it has something to do with turning the lights on 3 times

Gold Member

Post Number: 2241
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Z-1 bypass

yes i know what it is but i havent tried it.............when you turn on the car at the start up screen you flash the parking lights and that unlocks it for 48 hours....try it and let me know........

Username: Dandytik

You must turn your lights on and off about 5 seconds after your unit starts to boot up. Specifically the illumination wire must go from 12v to 0v at the very first pioneer bootup screen (where the text is in the top left corner, before the big pioneer logo pops up.)

Username: Dandytik

Post Number: 2
ty mutlow...it doesn't unlock it for 48 hours..it just stays unlock until you turn off the car..Everytime you start the car..you have to flash the lights just once...NOT 3 times..but you must have the illumination hooked up ..and do this before the main boot screen comes up ..you only have about 20 seconds when you start the car to do this..you must turn the lights off as soon as you see the white text on start up on the
screen and before the main icon comes on

Also..I just had the bluetooth installed..I have NO clue what everyone is yelling about..Mine works fine...I am having NO problems with it..incoming and outgoing calls are perfect..IT ROCKS!

Username: Franko

Help! I have aan AVIC-N2 and after reading these posts about soldering the 2 pins I decided to do it. I took out the unit, pealed the aluminum tape off at the bottom and verified that the connectors were labled R197. I soldered the 2 pins together and put back the unit. I started the car and unit came on for 5 seconds and the screen opened up and then the unit turned off, After that it was dead. If I turn the car off then the screen retracts back in. I couldn't get the unti to do anything else. I even removed the soldering thinking that connecting the 2 pins did this, but that still the same thing. So I think I either fried my unit or do I have to do anything special to reactivate the unit? Can anyone help? I appreciate any help.

Username: Coldheratinc

does anyone have an extra avic hide away unit i may be able to purchase?

Username: Dbcat911

Inglewood, California United states

Post Number: 4
i soldered my n2 and it was super easy.help please i purchased the pioneer cndv-60m navigation software and i wanted to make a back up copy do any of you guys know how to doit what a need what format or anything please help
image/bmpUpload
2700357784038080_0.bmp (9.4 k)

Username: Dragonslayer

Help! I have aan AVIC-N2 and after reading these posts about soldering the 2 pins I decided to do it. I took out the unit, pealed the aluminum tape off at the bottom and verified that the connectors were labled R197. I soldered the 2 pins together and put back the unit. I started the car and unit came on for 5 seconds and the screen opened up and then the unit turned off, After that it was dead. If I turn the car off then the screen retracts back in. I couldn't get the unti to do anything else. I even removed the soldering thinking that connecting the 2 pins did this, but that still the same thing. So I think I either fried my unit or do I have to do anything special to reactivate the unit? Can anyone help? I appreciate any help. IF I GOT A CIRCUIT WRITER PEN TOO TRY TOO PUT THE TRACES BACK. IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE WHO KNOW'S IF THIS WILL WORK PLEASE LET ME KNOW THANKYOU.

Username: Pmedlin

Edina, MN USA

Please Help!! Re: Pioneer AVIC N2 Bypass posts, it seems like everyone has a solution for the N2, N3/Z, but what about the N1 with a software upgrade? The N1 worked fine out of the box, nothing inhibited the DVD or controls with just a simple ground wire fix, but after I upgraded the 2003(yellow discs) to the 2006 (purple discs), my unit acts like every other and disengages the DVD and controls while in motion. How is this possible with just software? And further, does anyone have a workaround for this scenario? Point of interest....like most N1's, I experienced their 'recall' of the flex cable, as the unit just stopped working after a year. So I called Pioneer and they fixed it for free. Do you think they might have modified the unit while it was there to emulate the newer versions?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
Paul

Silver Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 156
Alright guys, before you start soldering anything and taking the chance of voiding your warranty or even worse ruining your unit you should take the time and explore this site. I know its been along time but I've answered this question before for pioneer units and its simple. Ground the light green wire. If you really want to get crazy put a switch on it so if you get pulled over you would you can flip the switch and wont get in trouble for having a dvd system that works while driving.

Username: Theinstaller

hey chris i just did the same thing, nothin worked but the unit would open and close. I think its cause i had the solder touching the metal and the pins, i popped it off and then it started working again. hope urs does 2

Username: Streetracer0601

Westland, Mi Usa

Ok I have 2 questions for u guys. i have a avic n2 and the guidance voice doesnt not work, it is not mutted but the volume is all the way up. no beeps no voice telling me turn left or right how do i get it to work?
and the other question is how do u change the background photo? i made a BG directory and put a jpeg into it worte it to a cd and the avic n2 finds it reads it i select change background and then a "data read error" message comes up. how do i get it to change the pic?
thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us