Remote Starter HT-800D NEED HELP!!!

Username: Bucoolman

Post Number: 1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26,1%26item%3D800653771 0&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Hi, I have purchased this remote starter unit from this guy on ebay, and installed it . It is an awsome system but my technician had a problem with the purple wire on the 5p which he ain't sure where to connect it to and currently he connected it to the alternator of my 1999 audi A4 and it worked for only 1 day then it stopped working. We don't know if we should connect it to the tachometer to make it work properly. plz helppppp

Mike Callahan
Unregistered guest
The wiring diagram is somewhat vague. I would first try hooking this wire up to any wire that becomes "hot" while the ignition is on, such as acc wire going to the stereo.

If this does not work, you may have to dig a little, try taking a meter to the wires located on the back of your alternator. If you can find one that is 0VDC before start and 12-15VDC after you start the car, then you are set.

Other than that, you may try finding your oil pressure sender unit, usually one or two wires going to a small plug near the oil filter. Try the same meter test on this wire(s).

Hope one of these can help you.

-Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us