Car Speakers and Amplification Questions

Unregistered guest
Hi! I'm building my system, and I have a few questions about speaker/amp combos.

First off, I've decided on 500/1 jl and a 12 w6v2 as my bass.

I've been looking at Infinitys lines, and my first question is: Coax or Component. I understand component will be better hands down, but I'm trying to be economical here, and I'm wondering exactly how large of a difference there is between coax and component, to ur non-bionic-ear compitition music player lol.

Next, reguardless of whether I go with comp or coax, the question is, what kind of amp? Infinitys components and coax's are looking at 75-120 watts rms, so my question is, do I need an amp with only 2 channels at 75 watts? Or should I get more? Two with possibly 110 watts?

Also, should I replace the rears with amp'd aftermarkets as well? That would require 4 channels now though wouldnt it? But rears take more watts rms, so 75 watts for 4 channels wouldnt work very well would it?

I was looking at JL's e4300
70 W RMS x 4 @ 4 ohm
110 W RMS x 4 @ 2 ohm

but its rather expensive. I'd like to only have to spend 300 on my speaker setup.. bah.

I guess my question is, should I go with coax or component if I have a reasonable budget, because I have to include an amp?

Sorry this is so long, but I'm trying to make some informed decisions.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us