Power Issues

Bronze Member
Username: Bumpnthump05

US

Post Number: 11
Ive got a 1992 Ford F-150 and am running a Profile California 600 Mono amp and im having a problem with power my lights dim alot and my altmeter drops drasticly i have a 1 farad cap and had it once in a s-10 blazer and i had no problems what so ever of lights dimming could some one tell me what the F*** is goin on? Im not dumb in car audio i work at a damn car audio store and this is mystifing me help would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2070
The blazer might have had an alt with more power output, was it newer?

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 246
Um.. if you work in a car audio place shouldn't you know that caps don't help with headlights dimming. But if i were you'd i'd get the alternator tested because it sounds like its dieing, and then either upgrading the alternator to something bigger and the wires, or the alternator, wires and battery. That way you will have no problems

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 13
No the blazer was only 1 year newer but i dont know if its my alt or battery that is dying im gonna have my alt tested tho

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 560
You need a higher output alternator to keep up with the load. Your lights dimming is a telltale sign.

Bronze Member

US

Post Number: 15
It seems like my lights wont dim or power lower when it is cold out im starting to think it might be my battery low on acid? i need to figure this out what should i have tested first battery or alt?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 571
Go get both checked. Your battery can die because your alternator died. I think I read somewhere before that most places will check batt/alt for free, don't quote me on that tho.

Silver Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 192
can you tell me where you work so i know where NOT to go?

;-) c'mon, man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us