Alpine kicker or orian amp

Bronze Member
Username: Scott_t

Post Number: 46
what amp would be best to power 2 type-r 12" the kicker 1200, orian 1200 or the alpine 1800?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1802
Either the Orion or Kicker - i just like the looks of the Orion more & i think its cheaper too ,less than $300 ebay

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
so the kicker or orian amp for the subs.
what amp would be good to go with type-r 6x9" and 5x7" (2 of each).

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1807
u mean reg speakers right ,not comps ?

pick them out if its on here
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=15&Manufactu rerID=611

Silver Member
Username: James_g

TN

Post Number: 363
The Orion 1200D should be a little cheaper than the Kicker KX1200.1, but I doubt you'll find it new for less than $300. Around $330-$340 is the cheapest I found. I also think the Kicker amps look alot better, but that's just me.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1812
Did u see this James ???????

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Orion-1200d-Amplifiers-D2400-WCC-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ 5822774193QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 364
That is definitely cheap, but also very suspicious. Free shipping included? I remember that guy's auctions (maybe with a seperate user name) when I was searching for a mono amp. I remember him stating that they are the same as the other Orion mono amps and to let him know which one you want. I know his prices weren't that low a couple months ago. I'm glad he didn't have them listed that cheap then, or I probably would have bit...

When I click that link from my e-mail, it shows that eBay has removed his auction. LOL.

It's funny that they bought so many amps for their "extreme" vehicle, but won't be using them. It's even funnier when I see that he is also selling a bunch of 2500D amps for the same reason. Looks like a possible scam, or stolen amps to me.
He was doing this two months ago as well.

Still, very cheap price.

Silver Member

TN

Post Number: 365
My bad. I was wrong about the auction being removed. I just realized the link sent to my e-mail doesn't include the full link. I still smell something fishy about this person's auctions. Way too cheap, especially with free shipping. And he was running these same auctions 2-3 months ago.

If he's legit, then that is damn cheap. I wouldn't mind buying up those 1200Ds and sellng them locally. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
Rovin yes i am talking about the spr-69lp and the spr-57lp.
and that amp has the wcc logo on it..is that the same am as the orian amp?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1822
that site says
6x9 = 55wrms
5x7 = 40wrms

a 50wrms @ 4ohms x 4chan would work like Alpine
http://iweb.alpine-usa.com/pls/admn/item_info?p_item_name=MRV-F345&p_category=40 &p_subcategory=120&p_main=10&p_more=y

Gathered that u want an all Alpine matching system
But i'm thing that those u chose out may not be powerfull tomatch your system's bass . I'd pick some thing in 75-100wrms range of speakers .
Why didn't u chose components instead ?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1823
Not sure if thats a 'custom ordered Orion' - check out the seller's background & then phone/contact him

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
havent gotem em yet just shoping around wanna go alalpine.
what do u think would be a good set to go with?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1825
can u not fit 6.5" comp instead of 5x7 using a spacer/riser ?

budget $ & what ride ?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
no idea if i can get 6.5 and i am looking to spend 300-450.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
and do u happen to have a number for the wcc place i dont have a ebay account to e mail them.. i am having a friend order off ebay for me.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1827
k'- if that $ is for speakers alone .

u can do type R 6.5 comps & type R 6x9s in the rear

about $140 + $112 , would be about $40/50 cheaper on ebay ....