Kicker L7 leads breaking

Username: Allstarh2o

Post Number: 1
I have 2 Kicker 2003 L7s with a Fosgate 1001bd amp sounds good but the skeaker leads keep breaking! I bought the speakers used they had the same problem before Kicker replaced them so when i got them they were new. Do the new 2004 L7s with the new design have this same problem?

Do I need an receipt to send them in to kicker to have them replaced again?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2020
this is exactly why I dislike the solobarics.
they all have this problem.. L5 and L7 series.
Your best bet is to buy totally different subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 58
yah, if u return it to kicker they give u the new shiny L7, farther excursion more power handling and such, so if it ever happens to me with my L7's i'm going to return em'(i've burnt 3 l5's tensil leads)

Bronze Member
Username: Dan3

Post Number: 59
o and the reciept thing, call them first tell them your situation, kicker is very nice when it comes to customer service, they outta give you a RE # that you put on the box with your damaged subs and ship

Post Number: 2
yeah the guy im buying them from has the receipt kicker faxed him over a bill of lading and they are getting shipped off today. Kicker said for 60 bucks more each sub i can get shiny new L7s hope they dont have the same prob (i bet they do)

I must fully break the other one first..not a problem im guessing

2 brand new L7s and a 1001bd amp and 1 farad cap for 550...not bad?

Username: Rollinondubs

Post Number: 5
I have the same problem with my CVR 12s. The cone pounds the speaker leads into the basket until they eventually wear down to the wire and break. Bad design I think. They put some pads on the cone side so the wires dont damage the cone but what about the wires getting damaged from the basket? Geez

Post Number: 4
F#@K IT! i gave that Sh*t back im just gonna go and buy some new sh*t

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us