Just need some help on settings

hollllllywood
Unregistered guest
whats up guys... i know some stuff about it but not everything... i got 2 12" type R apline subs and i got a hifonices brutus amp to power them the only thing is that there are 5 adjustment dials and i just cant seem to get them right... there is subsonic then bass EQ then low pass then phace ... then level and i just cant seem to get them set right ? any suggestions wlll help thanks

Anonymous

ok...

subsonic - This setting filters all lower frequencies lower than the knob setting. if you have a ported box, set the subsonic frequency to the port's tuned frequency or slightly below (usually 30-35hz). if you have a sealed box, its not really nesessary but since its there, you can set it at around 15hz-20hz.

Bass EQ - this knob boosts the base at a certain frequency. this is really personal taste on how much you want to emphesize the base at that frequency. for me I leave it at around half way.

Low Pass filter - This is to filter the higher frequencies so the sub doesn't try to reproduce what a 6" speaker does. a general setting for me is around 80hz to 100hz.

Phase - i'm actually not exactly sure about that one. but it has something to do with changing your sub phase 180 degrees is sound cancelation is occuring.

Level or Gain - This is measured in voltage and is meant to match with your headunit RCA preout voltage. ex. if you have a headunit with 4v preouts, the RCAs connected to your amp are sending a 4v signal and you set your amp gain to 4v to get the cleanest sound possible without distortion.

hope this helps a bit.

Username: Ray19_82

Post Number: 10
What about the Hi Pass Fiter? and on some amps, What does a Kompressor setting do?

Ray
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us