One of my subs cutts off???!

i have two 12's (600 watts)in a regular box and a 800 watt amp pushing them it was working fine until one of them starts to cut off...and the other one stays on.....it goes off when i hit a bump or something and i checked the wires inside the box and to the amp...they are fine...i dont know what else to check.?????

Anonymous
Check your ground, might be a wierd thing to check but if it is not a good ground your amp might not push all the power it has.

Hydralisk
Yo, ya u might wanna take out that speaker and check the connection, lot of times if you just tie the speaker wire to the clip on the speaker all the internal wind and vibrations and bumbs and stuff, that really loosens up your wire connection. So i recon you take that speaker out now and tighten that wire and everything will be ok!

dude
i would either do this first switch the wires around to see if its not just one out put messing up and if that doesnt work do what hydralisk said

helper
dont lisen to any of these peep here check the voicecoule

Anonymous
I agree with the voice coil. It might be an open voice coil where it has seperated under the dust cap. Just a last thing to check because that requires takeing off the dust cap.

Anonymous
bad voice coil
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us