No bass from Kicker KS69 6x9

Username: Usman152008

Post Number: 1
I just bough Kicker KS69 6 X9. I put them in the back of my 1992 Civic. I had to cut a hole to fit them because the hole was for 5.25' inch speakers. But the problem is that there isn't any bass at all coming from them. Because what I mean is that my sister's 92 Camry has a lot more base coming from the stock speakers; she just has a aftermarket cheap JVC PLAYER. I have a JVC PLAYER too, KDG510; two 5.25 DUB Magazine Audiobahns in the front and the Kicker 6 x 9 custom fitted in the back. They are all hooked up to a 80 x 4 RMS @ 4ohms California 1040 amp. But I am really disappointed with the base from the Kickers. In reviews, they were the ones that produced most bass for 6x9s. That's why I bough them. Any one have any recommendations? Is it due to the t hole that I cut because maybe it is causing that? Should I put them in a 6x9 box? Will that give me more base? Please help. I spent a total of $600 on all this and there isn't any bass coming at all from these speakers. I am not expecting a 18' L7's bass from them but compared to my Camry, they should be able to outperform them. Please tell me what might be wrong. Oh ya one more question. My amp is also capable of 125 x 4 RMS @ 2ohms. How can I switch it to that power form the amp? Please help thanks a lot for reading.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 618
With running from an HU, it's generally 22W RMS. Your sister's stock speakers are being run, most likely at higher than their suggested RMS power.

Your 6x9's, however, aren't and the bass you're getting from them, isn't "clean" bass. You'll need an amp if you want dramatic bass from your speakers, that is clean.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 619
Ah, I see you HAVE an amp, well, I'm pretty sure it's that amp as well, it's not a good one.

Username: Sarcastic

Great Bend, Kansas USA

Post Number: 4
Make sure you crossover on the amp is not set to high. As long as your not going to be pounding bass tracks though the 6x9's you could set it to full. That should get you some bass.

Post Number: 2
not a big difference. Tyler, what do u mean that its not a good amp? HOW DO I CHECK IF IT IS ST TO 2 OHMS OR 4 OHMS. Beacause it can perform at 80 x 4 RMS @ 4 OHMS and 125 x 4 RMS @ 2 OHMS. How can i switch the ohms. Also the sides of 6 x 9 are covered by the carpet on the back, not the trunk, but where the speakers are behind the seat because they just made a hole and didnt cut the carpet. Do you guys think that it could be a problem. Also, do the speakers have to be connected by the amp wire because my front speakers are just connected with the wires that the old speakers were connected with. PLEASE HELP GUYS. THANKS A LOT

Post Number: 3
still no help guys?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 729
like paul said check the hpf (high pass filter ) on your amp and make sure it isnt set to high.. as well as on your head unit if it has a crossover on it..if it is up past 70 or so you wont be getting much bass from your speakers.. turn it down to 40 or so ... speakers arent really designed to hit down into the deep bass that is what subwoofers are for .. so set it at your own risk :-)

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 730
and u cant switch the ohms .. most speakers are 4 ohms and that cant be changed so as long is its hooked up correctly at 4 ohms leave it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us