Amp putting tooo much bass in jl xrs . need help

Bronze Member
Username: Sinx85

Post Number: 81
hey guys, i was trying to install jl xr in my expedition today and when i hooked them to my amp, that i am currently running for my subs. there was all bass in the speakers and no sound.
can any one please tell me whats going on? do i need a different kind of amp that will give sound instead of bass?

any help is greatly apprecaited
thankyou

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 94
your problem probably is that your amp is a class D monoblock amp, since your using it for your subs. This class of amps are usually limited to subwoofer frequencies, and are very efficient at it. This is more than likely your problem. You will need a 2 or 4 channel amp that produce all frequencies for your components. heres a link to a more in depth explanation. http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/amplifiers.html

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 683
the class of the amp has nothing to do with what frequencies it outputs it has to do with how the signals are amplified. there are full range amps that are class d. its higher effieceny is what makes it ideal for car audio sub applications.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
from glasswolfs website Class D: The concept of a Class D amp has been around for a long time, however only fairly recently have they become commonly used. Due to improvements in the speed, power capacity and efficiency of modern semiconductor devices, applications using Class D amps have become affordable for the common person. Class D amplifiers use a very high frequency signal to modulate the incoming audio signal. Such amps are commonly used in car audio subwoofer amplifiers. Class D amplifiers have very good efficiency. Due to the high frequencies that are present in the audio signal, Class D amps used for car stereo applications are often limited to subwoofer frequencies, however designs are improving all the time. It will not be too long before a full band class D amp becomes commonplace. like i said, USUALLY.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
and feel free to give your own explanation of his problem christopher

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 686
all i wanted was to make a clarification that class D does not mean sub amp. there are plenty of home recievers that use digital amplification. but you are probably right about his problem. no need to get defensive.

Silver Member

USA

Post Number: 687
also, his amp could be class AB which obviously has nothing to do with class D. he doesnt give enough info to even see if he is incorrectly using a multi-channel amp. you are making just as many assumptions about his setup as you are about me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
i know, i just took it the wrong way. i know that my kicker kx600.1 has a lpf that ranges from 50-200 Hz and theres no way to turn it off, so the highest frequency your gunna get from it is 200. i also made sure i didnt say "all class d amps" becuz i know there are always exceptions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
so from what you have said sinx, i would say you need another amp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us