Sub Quality

Bronze Member
Username: The_disciple

Post Number: 11
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-GOLD-12-SUBS-1600-WATT-CAR-STEREO-SUBWOOFERS_W0QQitemZ 5820876521QQcategoryZ18803QQcmdZViewItem

I know these are very cheap subs, but why would they suck?
I am trying to understand the determining factors for what makes a sub sound bad. It can't just be a matter of price. What is it about the specs of these subs that would make them sound bad?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Or why would these subs suck?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AUDIOBAHN-12-INCH-SUBWOOFERS-AW1251T-1600-Watts_W0QQitemZ5 821219985QQcategoryZ48613QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 107
Let's see.
1. Reputation - Pyramid is not what one would call "high end" audio. Past experience as shown that they are not what they appear.
2. Specs - Don't get too caught up in this game. It's like RE, JL etc. specs are posted by Time Life. Pyramid specs would be posted by The National Enquirer. (Just because it's printed, doesn't make it true.)
3. Looks - If it looks cheap it usually is. Look at the surround. What possible purpose could that serve? Sure it looks cool but all it actually does is put goofy streeses on the cone and the surround.
4. Grandpa is Right - You Get What You Pay For.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Ahhhh...cool. I appreciate your feedback. I am a total noob to the world of car audio, so I have no knowlege about things like this. I always figured a 1000 watt amp was just that. Regardless of the brand. I know that is totally not the case now!
So does magnet size matter? Is there a particular frequency response range that I should look for?
Does cone material matter?

Silver Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 132
Those audiobahn 1251t's arent bad, they are worth buying if you get it on ebay, they are very cheap but they do alright for a first system.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 96
if your looking into buying some low price subs, try reaudio.com . their entry level sub, the RE line, is very good and reliable, and are only about $77 before shipping.

Anonymous

Take a read Steven

http://pub14.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=27.topic

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Thanks for the link!

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1673
U are welcome , that was me who posted it - sometimes ppl get tired of seeing me post it but how else will a Upload know that info , right ! - lol

Not everybody will agree with everything on the list but its a good general guide ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Exactly!
I really appreciate the info!

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 327
NOT THE AB one noo bro that even looks horrible lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
Other than looks, why exactly do you think that one is horrible?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1680
u can get plenty of better brands @ a low price - how much u willing to spend , size of subs & how loud do u listen to ?????
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us