4 speakers or tweeters and midranges?

Username: Kavlas

Post Number: 1
I have a 500W RMS sub and a 400W monoamp.. so i got the bass covered. now i want to cover the ranges 150Hz<25kHz.
should i get a four channel amp and connect it to 4 speakers, or a system with midranges and tweeters? im looking for the best sound quality. thanx for the input guys

Bronze Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 87
a component speaker set ( midrange, tweeter, crossover) connects to just one channel each, like a normal speaker. so technically you can get two sets of components with a 4 channel amp. And yes, if you install them properly, you will get the best sound quality from components. and make sure you dont try powering them off your head unit, any good component set should be powered off an amp to get the most out of them. Also, most people only run one set of components up front as their front sound stage, they only use rear speakers as rear fill, which some see as unnecessary. You may only need a 2 channel amp and one set of components, and if you want rear speakers, coaxials (which are normal speakers that have the tweeter and midrange in unit)usually work fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us