How much power???

beener
Unregistered guest
anybody know on or around how much power my subs will recieve, if my anps max pwr is 1000w @ 1ohm. and i have two dvc 2ohm subs. if i wire them for 2ohm output from the amp, the amp should put out 500w, i think, would that be 500w to each sub or 250w to each. Also how much pwr would the amp put out if i wire the subs for 0.5ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 701
never go by max power, only rms, and u should never wire your subs to .5 ohms

beener
Unregistered guest
ok thanks, i was gonna wire them 2ohm anyways. do you know if the amp is puting out lets say 500w, will each sub recieve 500w or will they share it and each get 250w. i'm a little confused.

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 707
250, if it where a 1000 watt amp then it would be 500 per sub

beener
Unregistered guest
hopefully my box will arive by ups today, it's already in the city they better bring it to me. it's the last piece of the puzzle. i finally stayed away from cheap bass this time, it always makes you want more. can't wait to try what wiring setup sounds the best. do you think two diamond audio 12 inch d6's 2ohm dvc 600/1200 will sound badass with a 1000w d6 diamond audio amp?... in the cab of a 99' gmc sierra ext-cab

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 709
good job, i hope u enjoy it

and like muddy says say now and get what u want

Upload

Silver Member

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 710
good job, i hope u enjoy it

and like muddy says save now and get what u want
Upload

beener
Unregistered guest
ok what about this would this be 1 ohm or 2 ohm. or .5 ohm
i already have two pos. and neg. wires from my amp ready for my speakers. when the place installed my amp they droped wires for both my speakers (one pos. and neg. for each). and if i want to change it to one for both i will have to take my back seat out. so i'm trying to not do that. ok heres what i was thinking....

my subs are 2ohm dvc, if i wire each of them seprately parallel they will be 1 ohm each. my question is since they're both 1 ohm seperate will the amp be putting out 1 ohm, 2 ohm, or .5 ohm resistance?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us