Bought CDT-HD62US

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 93
Purchased a set of CDT-HD62US comps today. When they arrived, and I get a chance to install them, I post a review.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2315
Need4Bass congrats on purchasing one of the best componants out there. I know you will like them alot. I love mine and im gonna push more wattage to them in the near future since they take 180 rms. Definetly make a post on these once you hear it.

Let me know if its going in the door panal or in kick pods and all that.

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 190
Hey Mo, just wondering why do u like the cdt hd more than the image dynamics chameleon? is the the tweets or woofers or overall sound?

Bronze Member

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 94
MO,What are you pushing your with now? I will be using an Alpine MRV-F545 initially with 125RMS per channel. It's a 4 channel, so I could bridge and give them more if need be.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2324
The ID midrange is amazing and has great detail but the tweeter sounds best with them being close to the mids and i had them high on the door so it was way to bright of a sound for me and i found out later that the tweeter crossover setting level was set to 0 and i should have had it at -3 so that was the main problem but other then that i liked them but felt like i wanted somthing more natural sounding then that and somthing that whould sound good with the tweeter set apart from the midrange which in my case i didnt wanna make another hole in the door so CDT's sound great with off axis installs and even better with kickpods as opposed to stock door locations. CDT's tend to sound good with both style installs. They have a nice warm sound that just wont fatigue your ears even at higher volumes and they sound closest to a home audio setup then any other componant ive ran in the past.

Silver Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 191
thanks MO for the input.
well i recently ran the perfects which were too bright imo. i just bought the cdt hd62 and the upstage enhancement kit. so i just wanted to know what kind of sound to expect and was just curious about the chameleons...

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2327
Vincent / you will find that the CDT hd62 with the upstage kit will sound much more smoother and warmer then the perfects. Once you finish EQ'ing the speakers and setting the time alignment and all on your HU and making sure your gain is set accordingly you will be so happy that your CDTS will seem priceless. Just give it some time and play with all your settings and everything you can to achieve that natural flat response that sounds good to you.

Need4Bass / i currently am using the legendary ppi a300.2 white art series amp and it is giving my HD62 set 75 x 2 @ 4 ohm and thats clean rms wattage and it sounds very nice right now but im waiting to receive the bigger brother of the same amp which is the a600.2 and that will be some upgrade cause that will give me 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms were with the a300.2 i whould be getting 150 x 2 @ 2 ohm so this is why the Image Dynamics Set whould work so well and save you money and space with smaller amps since its 2 ohm and ready to go and thats why i used the a300.2 on the Chameleons

I luckily found one on ebay for $280 and its in mint condition

Bronze Member

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 97
Thanks MO,

I just ordered today so it will be a while before I receive, install and tweek them. I spent over a month deciding on comps. I like the installation flexibility of the CDTs and their reasonable price. Like Vincent, the HDs I ordered had the upgraded xover and the Upstage kit. I hope it sounds as nice as everyone (including me) expects it to.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2330
Yeah exactly, this will have great flexibility and will sound good in alot of various types of installs. YOu dont have to spend much on the install to make these sound good. The 150 x 2 rms @ 4 ohms will definetly bring your mids to life and should feel them. THey are rated at 180 rms so anything from about 150-200 watts rms will be perfect @ 4 ohm

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2331
By the way need4bass / where did you order your set from ?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 180
whats the difference between the CDT-HD62,CDT-HD62Z, and the CDT-HD642. I was looking at them on a website and it didnt really list a difference in them, and why each one costed 100 more than the previous

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 459
the "z" is something new, "zone adapter" in the crossover, not sure what it does
the 642 is a 3 way seperate set
and the 62 is just the 2 way seperate set

Bronze Member

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 99
I ordered them from The CDT Entire Line Store. It's an eBay store that is factory Authorized. It's even listed on CDTs website. $495 for the HD62US, includes the mids, 1 pair DRT-25s, 1 pair DRT-26s and the ES200 xovers.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2335
Thats great man, warranty in tact for sure. You will be so happy with this set and a 150 x 2 @ 4 ohm amp.

Silver Member

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 158
Well after an address mishap, my CDTs arrived today. They look impressive, although that doesn't mean much. They were well packed and shipped direct from CDT in Cali. Their documentation is a bit comical but, if you know whatyour doing you don't need much anyway. When my eDead arrives I will be able to start the install. I'll keep you posted.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2467
Good Looking
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us