Comp today

Bronze Member
Username: Madeupname

Post Number: 68
what frequency do you think i should run? im debating betreen 35 or 40 hz please let me know

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1128
if the comp is today you SHOULD HAVE gotten a spl meter and played many different frequencies to see what your system plays loudest at. is your box ported? if so try a few hz above the port tune.

Bronze Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 42
40 will be LOUD! it all depends Joe.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1373
when you go to the comps, you will usually get two 30sec runs (if its Usaci)...on your first run, play a sweep. then play the tone that you peaked at (you will have to ask the judge that frequency it was)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
it turned out to be a $hitty cc show. there were a bunch of nice cars, and they had a cd premade for everyone to play. which was a pain in the @SS because i spent like 45 mins trying to figure out the best frequency. i ended up doin 133.9 Db. not too bad for my first comp, let alone no time to prepare, and on a $hitty premade cd. i never thought i would to that good.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3597
find out the rules ahead of time next time and use this as a learning experience but as always HAVE FUN

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
how good of a score is that?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 72
bump

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 628
what do u have

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 300
133, not the greatest number.
Btw, the "premade cd" isnt crappy, its just a test tone disk, you'll get the best results using it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
like, to me it was crappy. it had good tones on it but after spending about an hour finding the perfect tone. and it was a bunch of bass mechanics stuff. yea crappy was the wrong word. maybe insufficent. but yea. 133.9 with a w6 with a 500/1. not bad at all. waht would i need to do to get the numbers higher.

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1379
first off...what frequency did you peak at? and what vehicle is this in?

also...did you just run whatever frequency sounded loudest to the ear? or did you run a sweep and let the mic tell you your peak freq?

Gold Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1380
btw...133.9 w/ 1 sub and 500wrms in a daily setup is what the average joe would call loud, its just not "SPL competition loud".

plenty loud enough for daily though.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
yea definately, i picked 42hz because it sounded the loudest to ear. didnt hav a mic to check it, they were bein shisty with it. my box is tuned to 39 hz, and i was doin it in a 1991 gmc jimmy, which i was told was prety good for comps. btw, i beat a guy who did 131.4 with 2 w7's with a 1000.1 goin to each. also with 2 10" w3's as mid's. i thought i was gonna get RAPED by him but i ended up beatin him. and it wasnt on the TL, i think it was the one that goes up to 150.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us