Amp and box for Type R

Username: Jtj5002

Post Number: 5
i am planing to get a alpine type R, i been think what kind of amp and box to get
for amp i been think of the hifonic 500 watt rms, and box im thinking about the Qlogic type 3 1.75 cu2 ported, i am open to suggestion, so plz reply with opions, ty

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 610
whats your budget,

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 611
there are a whole lot better amps than hifonics

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1594
For 1 12" type R the Alpine MRD-M605 amp http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14927
would be perfect for it

You will have to buy the dual 4ohms version sub though . Go to Alpine's website & view the tech section to get box specs ........

Username: Jtj5002

Post Number: 6
my budget is 400-500, dunno if its enough, so i need a cheaper amp, and for the box, i heard type r sounds better in larger ported, and not so good in small sealed, so that way im asking here

and ii need some good sites , i know cardomain and crutchfield, just wondering if theres any other good ones, ty

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1167
www.ebay.com
www.froogle.com

Just make sure you give 'em the RMS, and build a good box, and you'll be happy. Type-Rs are pretty nice for the $.

Bronze Member
Username: Halter

Ohio

Post Number: 48
I am thinking about getting Type Rs Too...and I have an audiobahn A8002T already.... u think that will do for now and not hurt them till I get another one for them?!??!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us