Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1123
didnt we go over this and agree on the D3 from diamond audio? lol

Bronze Member
Username: Kasadude

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 18
ya but I was looking at two diffrent places for the sub and i saw the diamond for like 130 normal price and then like the phoenix gold for 79 marked down from 279 and i was like i cant afford the diamond and that pg looks like the next best thing , but then I realized that their both on sonicelectronix for 79 bucks (after posting) so ya i'm defintly going to go for the diamond audio since their the same price. I'm freakin exited now too cause today i went and listend to the xenon's in a local shop (tried diamond but nobody around here carries them) and they sounded pretty loud so if diamond hits harder man that is gonna rock. But i have a question they have both the 4 ohm and the 2 ohm but their both duel voice coil. Which one would i want to get for a mono amp

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1129
what is the exact amp your getting? i need to know exactly not just "mono"

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 19
I was looking at the PG R5.0:1 Octane 500 watt max 400 watt rms type AB monoblock but i'm open to suggestions that are under 200 dollars

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1130
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kicker-KX400-1-kx-MONO-CLASS-D-SUB-WOOFER-Amp-New-CVR_W0QQit emZ5820401653QQcategoryZ79829QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

get that kicker amp. its 400w rms at 2 ohms. great amp for the price.

if your getting (1) subwoofer then you need to get a dual 4 ohm subwoofer.

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 20
so if i'm getting 2 should I get the 2 ohm version. And also how do I parallel wire the subs in a dual ported enclosure (since the individual subs are nearly sealed). Should I wire them through the ports?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1135
no. wire them through the back or side of the box. either purchase terminal cups and do it that way. or what you can do is drill holes JUST big enough for the wire to fit. then what you'll do is put electrical tape on the part of wire that meets the hole of the box. start with one layer of tape and rap it around to 2 lays, 3,4,5 etc. then pull it through. the first layer will get through but after that the tape gets caught and you have a perfectly sealed hole.

and yes, if you get 2 subs get D2ohm subs.

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 21
ok thanks a ton man but i have one more question dealing more with just general audio learning. I was always told that a sub with a bigger magnet and higher excursion would hit harder than a sub with less excursion and smaller magnet, because the one with more excursion could move more air. So how does the Diamond Audio D3 with an excursion of 12mm out hit the PG with an excursion of 35-40mm excursion?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1136
for starters.... the PG has 40mm P2P excursion. so the xmax would be like 20mm. but the D3 is just much of a better sub overall. it will sound much better too. but just a higher excursion doesnt mean its louder in all cases. and magnet size means almost nothing. yes you need to have enough magnetic strength but to a point its useless. the statistics i read about the Pg said it has a oversized magnet. then whats the point of it being oversized? just adds more weight. theres alot more important factors in a good sub than the magnet weight.

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 22
allright thanks man, which reminds me do you know if sonicelctronix.com is a good retailer?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1137
i dont think ive bought from them. but they appear to be good. ive bought from x-sounds which were very good. and dynamicsounds i think which was also very good

Bronze Member

Highland, Ut. Usa

Post Number: 23
ok thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us