Car runs slow

nonameneeded987
Unregistered guest
hey everyone i just installed a kicker L7 10 in my car with a 760(380 bridged to one channel) amp. I just got a new battery about 2 months ago and im running the stock alt. My problem is my car is running really sluggish now (slow pickup, acceleration, etc.) does neone know whats going on??? Someone please help me out im afraid my car is just gonna die one day....its a 93 miata

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 357
Does this happen when the system is off, too? Could be a LOT of things...air filter...fuel injection...fuel filter... Too many things you didnt include the info about to determine the problem.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2307
Its definetly because of your system. YOu need to upgrade to a High Output Alternator before you do anything else. I whould suggest www.excessiveamperage.com / just talk to Nathan and he will build you a hec of a HO alternator that will fix your problem and power loss. Very friendly guy

Can cost anywhere from $150-200 ballpark but its the # 1 reason why your car is loosing pickup and accel, etc.... I had the same problem when i had my system a while back in my old car. Your alternator is the main power supply when the car is turned on and its probably rated about 70 amps and you probably need one that can do 130A or higher

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 324
It wouldnt be a bad thing to cheak the air filter and change the oil regulary and not go pass the change date. Also the muffler has alot to do with pick up also a tune up may not be a bad idea check your spark plugs and wires. Also if you do have a 1000rms+ system a new alternator is a must for shore.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us