Tweeters

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 176
im going to get a pair of componets for x-mas and the stock spot for the tweeters on my 3000GT is up right under the windshield. if i get either the jl audio xr650s or infinity kappa perfects, would that be a fine spot for the tweeters? i really dont have the money for the kickpods right now, 300 is too much imo at the moment. should i try to drill a whole on my door up top and leave the speakers in the bottom front of the door flush? would that sound fine?

(theres another thread to do with tweeters but it sounded like it was specifically for a integra so i started a newo one)

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1327
install them in the stock location and see if you like it. the only other place i would recommend is in the a-pillar. there are plenty of award winning systems that place the highs forward on the dash under the windshield.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 177
and what about the mid-bass... i heard that the xr650s were only good if you didnt install them flush on the door... what should i do about that?

Username: Domz

Baguio, Benguet Philippines

Post Number: 1
hi guys! i just want to ask if what can you say on my car audio system....I have two 13" 350watts response speaker,2 jbl 120watts speaker,2 ordinary 200watt tweeters and an ALTEK 4 channel amplifier. ya, it sounds loud but For me,I think it doesn't sound smoothly and i think tweeter sound is too much. any suggestions on what other sound controls and or best speaker ratings to use in order to clear and smoothen the sound? by the way can i use a discman as a player???

Silver Member
Username: Rob_preg

Royal oak, Michigan United states

Post Number: 122
way to jack a thread dominic. its not that hard to just start your own

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 251
He's a new guy maybe he doesnt know the forum yet!

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 56
Matt I wrote to you in another thread about what kind of car you had. I've done a TON of installs that use the Chrysler 3inT speakers, I pull the grilles, gut the old cone spider and VC, unscrew the magnet and drop the new tweeters in the housing, then reinstall the grille (there are like 6 little tabs you bend up). I've gotten some really good sound out of this setup in a pair of 3000GT's, a few Eclipses, and a few other Chrysler cars. Drop your JL tweets in there and the mids will install directly into the doors with minimal modification. This install should be pretty straightfoward and provide you with stellar sound. It's not to say it will be the absolute best way to install the speakers, but it will be the most straightfoward and the cleanest looking.

Silver Member

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 211
alright thanks

Post Number: 2
yup guys im just new here just want some help. so what about it? please advise.....

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 572
Start a new thread and someone will help you.

Post Number: 4
ooppps!!! sorry guys! it wont happen again.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us