I got owned

Silver Member
Username: Robert_d

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 270
my car got jacked up in coconut grove
its pretty shty i lost everything but my speakers i hope i can get insurance to pay for it ... have them do something usefull for a first

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 271
oh i frogot to post what ways to make it so that people cant steal your stuff i already know of a couple ways ... just lookin for some new inovated ideas

Username: Prankshizzel187

Post Number: 2
wire a sawn off shotgun to shoot if you open your trunk

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4855
Stealth is your best option. You can also install steel cages in the trunk compartment with manual lock. That way, even if they by-pass your security, they will still need a bolt cutter to get at your amps and subs.
Install an ear peircing horn inside your cabin that gets triggered with motion (make it so that it can only be turned off by a hidden switch.
You can also install a cage with manual locks on the windows, just like the cop cars.
Once the cages are installed, you can wire them to a portable fence charger. It'll pact enough voltage to knock out a 250lb monkey.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 272
thats a good idea to get sirens inside the car
how high of db do they come in ?
lol i dunno bout the steel cages i dont wanna be riding around feelin like an animal
nice ideas isaac keep em coming
yea but my car is pretty stealth no exterior mods not even tints (that one thing i need)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4857
You can get the sirens that's as high as 120db. Since it's in a small compartment, it'll sound 2x louder.
If you really want to make it painful, install come metal bullet tweeters that'll play 200w of high pitch tone. It will drive any animals the block crazy. It will also annoy the heck out of the crook cause he won't be able to use his hands for anything else besides covering his ears.
As you know high pitch forces the ear drum to vibrate at a high rate, almost giving you an instant headache.
The cage in the trunk works great. If you install one behind the back seats, and another one where the trunk opens. It's a common thing for crooks to touch the cage whenever they see one. So a charger will get them for sure.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 273
oh true well i got my amp and subs pretty secured how about my head unit ? i was thinkin of puting different type of screws in
like allen wrenches and other custom screws anything else that would be of help?

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 77
i thought you said they got everuthing except your speakers? WTF?

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 274
yea they got everything except my 6.5 and 6x9

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 80
"oh true well i got my amp and subs pretty secured how about my head unit"
Well first you say they took everything and then you say you have youre amps and subs pretty secure know WTF? Did you get new subs and amp in the last half an hour.lol

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 275
oh i ment like the idea of what im going to do with the subwoofer and amp now im tryin to see a way to secure the head unit

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 575
where they good or bad speakers

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Okanagan, B.C Canada

Post Number: 226
Yeah my friend hooked up his HU harness to the battery...it sparks if anything touchs it..and you can kinda reach around behind the cd player from the car to pop it out...so they threw in a BUNCH of fishing hooks!
Wouldnt the metal cage rattle wiht the bass an look tacky as hell...
everythign is screwed down in my car....including my sub box you'd need alot of screwdriving time to get it out of my car

Silver Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 577
that would hurt like hell

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 276
how was the harness hooked up the battery ?
both + and - connected to it ... i doubt it was that way cause it would get really hot and mess up your electrical system

Bronze Member
Username: Prankshizzel187

Post Number: 14
"It'll pact enough voltage to knock out a 250lb monkey."

ummm.......have u tried that?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1591
So sorry to hear about that Robert ...Upload

Thats the only shiddy thing about having car audio - you are not free as before where u can park any old place & not worry about anything . Having no tint at all is like saying 'hey , u are free to look inside my ride - i got stuff to steal !'

How much $ would u say your stuff was worth ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4860
I haven't tried it myself, but you can download videos of a guy doing the demo of a fence charger. I doubt the got paid much for it.
Mike, for the cage idea to work, you need to weld the frame onto the car's chassis. That way, nothing rattles, and is much stronger than screws and bolts.
Using the car's 12v battery as the shocker won't work unless the guy's all wet. Besides, that'll kill the ba$tard. With fence charger, it won't kill, just paralyze the crook for a while. With high voltage, it doesn't take much to conduct electricity. If you want proof, next time one of your neon lights blow, try touching the wires. It may be very small in current, yet it pacts enough punch to shake your arm.

Silver Member

MIA, FL USA

Post Number: 280
not much i was accually in the process of upgrading but it all cost me bout 800-900$
but i was happy at least they werent rookies or jerks and damaged the rest of my car
they where in and out fast all the right tools

isaac do you know where that video would be or could you explain it to me because im thinkin that if u hook up a positive wire to the fence (already being charged by grounding) wouldnt it waste alot of electricity and get the fence really hot ? also i was thinkin of puttin some type of proximity stun gun in like 900,000 volts that will nock down someone for couple minutes but i have no clue on how to set this up what could trigger it to work

lol im sorry to be so crazy about it but i want the next sucker to pay my alarm goin off with sirens and strobs and someone on the floor shaking with the door open next to him has to draw attention .... my goal is to get him tossed in jail even if im not present

thanx my friend is gunna help me out with the alarm but how would i hook up the tweeters to my alarm thats a good idea

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 719
get one of those train horns inside the compartment lol.. theyd sh!t themselves

Anonymous

any old metal plate will do for a fence charger?
what if that metal plate touched the amp..
say i wrapped the box in decorative paper thin metal and hooked the charger up to that..
or carpet your box with shag and lace it with chicken wire and hook the hidden chicken wire up to the fence charger..
so what if i had a paper thin sheet of metal on the back of the box and had my amp screwed down on top of it.. if the fence charger went off would it hurt the amp any if it wasnt getting positive charge from the battery?!?!

oh oh.. or you could put the chicken wire on first then carpet it and put slices all over the carpet exposing the wire ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4868
This is how a charger works. It has one "hot" plate and a ground. For it to work, it needs to form a circuit.
The fence charger has 2 wires, one for the metal fence, and one for ground. This gets inserted into the ground via metal pole. For it to conduct, all you need to do is stand on the ground and touch the "live" wire. Similar principle as lightning rod.
If you park your car in your parking lot, then make a "ground" connecting just under your car, and park there. Now attach the ground wire to it, the other, to your car's chassis. Any idiot standing on the ground, touches your car, will get charged. Of course you will have to put up a warning sign, so that they can't sue you. This setup works best if you have indoor garage. Then anyone breaking in, will have no excuse.
If that setup is not possible, you can make 2 rows/columns of alternating wires/rods you want to protect. For example, if the subs are in your trunk, you can install virtical rods behind your back seats. Make sure they are not grounded to the car's chassis, nor touching anything else. Basically, the rods have to be isolated. Now if you attach the fence charger to the rods, it will be live. Anyone touching the rods will form a circuit, getting a shock of their life.
If you can't picture the rods, hold out your fingers and line them up so that, your left hand's fingers are inbetween your right hand's fingers, but without touching.
The tweeter setup involves a trigger switch that will use your existing amp to amplify 10Khz signal to bullet tweeters. 200w should be loud enough to stun anyone that's not deaf.

Anonymous

if you really want to wire your box so nobody can pull it out.. heres what you do

find a flame retardent material that can compress to half its size

with a bare box.. wire with chicken wire or any wire you can find that has small holes for the net.. volleyball net holes are too big so you need something you cant get your fingers through

wrap the box with the first layer of wire

take the flame retardent material that youve found and cut out holes the size of the top of a pop can
make your material nice and polka dotted with 3 inches between holes
(anything smaller the wires will have a hard time touching.. unless your middle material is 1 inch thick or thinner.. then you can cut out holes the size of a half dollar with 1 inch space between holes)

wrap the box with the holey material

next apply your second layer of wire on top of that.. (you can use a flame retardent glue)

hook your wires up for the charger and paint them with a non conductive paint or rubber so they dont touch anything underneath the carpet

then put on a flame retardant cloth over the two layers of wire and material.. making sure to have padded corners

once its done it will look like a wrapped box with padding

relay it to turn on with the alarm and warn everyone about your pooh box

Bronze Member
Username: B101

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 46
LOL. Lots of crazy As$$ ideas!

Man I have stolen alot people shhht before, and those people set their own self up! Hatch backs and SUV are most targeted! or if you have a car with the back seat OR trunk that pops from the driver side seat! Make sure its lock at all time!

Also get a alarm, or even just a flashing red, blue, green light people.... LOL

Alot of people pay attention to the little flash if you know what im talking about.

In my buick you cant get into the trunk unless you have a key or a crowbar! I unplugged my eletronic trunk release for now. Till I get everything BOLTED!

You just have to make your stuff harder to get access too, and longer to remove!

I just have to worry about someone stealing my old Alpine HU and a cheap EQ. Trunk is hands off buddy!

This is what I plan on doing:
allen/star screws to mount amps to box!
allen/star screws to mount brackets to box and box to floor of the trunk!

SO when you break in @ night better have a power screwdriver with some star/allen heads on it.

Also hope the alarm doesnt go off with its 2 sirens and 2 loud azz horns all going off at the same time. Like I hooked them up too..

Get an alarm with remote start on ebay for 60$
Save a headache. Or get one installed!

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 47
I remember a poor fella who lost 3 JL W6 in a sealed box with 2 amps bolted on top of it! It was gone in 2 minutes FLAT! thats really how long it takes to get JACKED!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1145
im about to get a Viper 791XV alarm with the pain siren (plays high frequences really loud to hurt ears) inside the car and the automated siren outside the car. also im going to get the proximity sensors so anything that moves inside the car sets off the alarm and anything that moves within 1 ft of the car tells the automated siren to say "step away form the car" ... think that will scare them away B?

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 48
Yes alarm will prevent them!
They will run as fast as they can after it goes off..
You need something loud to alert not just you, but everyone in your area!

My alarm goin off at 1AM in the morning is LOUDER than you can think!!

Look into those FM alarms the 2way ones. They page you when the alarm goes off on your key chain!

You dont want your alarm to sensitive. Cause it will go off for no damn reason sometimes. If someone passes my car in a parking lot of with lout music or muffler, that will set the Shock Sensor, and set a false alarm alert. You need to have all sensors set properly!
Sensitive, but not very very sensitive!

If you could hook the alarm up yourself do it!
Took me 1 full day to install mine with car alarm and remote start. You will need your electronic tools...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4873
Not if the crooks are deaf!
That sounds like a great alarm though. The high frequencies really do work as a deterrent. If you select the right frequency, it can cause instant headache. It'll also help you without pi$$ing off your neighbourhood too.

Bronze Member

Queen City, NC USA

Post Number: 50
Lol, My neighbours hate my now. I just had to adjust my sensitivity 2 days ago!
They dont want to be caught, their goin to run fast!
I do know people who with alarms installed got their system stolen out of a hatchbacks!
Someone busted the back window with a stone, alarm went off, waited till it stoped came back, and stole his stuff.
Play close attention to where you park your vehicle!@@ Thats whats most important!

Also if you have TINT. you think your hideing something guess what.
When they bust that glass, its not even goin to shatter!!
The tint holds it all together! So you wont even hear it break!!!
Its so easy to shatter a car glass with a single SparkPlug!
LOL remembering now....

Anonymous

"I remember a poor fella who lost 3 JL W6 in a sealed box with 2 amps bolted on top of it! It was gone in 2 minutes FLAT! thats really how long it takes to get JACKED!"

It only takes two minutes because any idiot with some decent wire cutters can pick up a box and snip all the wires going from the amps to the car. You HAVE to bolt something somewhere to the frame of the car...make that bolt hard to get at and hard to get out. The system my father and I came up with together cost us $14 (Canadian) for metal, $5 screws and $11 Paint for metal. We already had a board to mount the amps to and also had some sheet metal to mount to the bottom of the sub box. After install we tested taking it out with all the required tools (No bolt cutters -- however with this metal you would need professional grade equipment, nothing you or your friends have.) and it took about 18 minutes. You have almost no access to everything. We also knew where everything was and had all the required tools (all different sizes and types). Someone besides my dad and I would take easily 4 times as long to find everything. Plus once I install my custom alarm its going to be blaring from when they open the trunk or unscrew my rear seats to get at some of my custom security features.

Basically all you need to think of is how will you make it take more than 30 minutes to take it all out without damaging the amps or subs (They don't care about your car but who wants to steal an amp and sub and have it broken. They want it working). And then install a car alarm, with some stobe lights to really piss them off.

Now I need to figure out to customize some stuff for my deck and speakers...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3939
My buddy has a few strobe lights connected to his alarm system, so if the alarm goes off your inside the car, your pretty much blinded, and even if your not you can't focus on anything because of the flashing lights. Works pretty good...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4890
If you don't feel like installing any alarms/sirens/bars etc, get a pitbull dog and chain it to your car. No one will dare to touch your car or get close to it, guarateed.

J A K E
Unregistered guest
lol Thats what i do to my car lol not really But we have a fenced front yard and we have 3 pitbulls that run around from the back to the front yard Somethimes i forget to close my windows and the next morning its all the same And we live in a bad neighboor hood full of tweakers. One time though i left my back right window open and i guess they were trying to break in cause they opened my front gate and let 2 of my dogs out and closed the door behind them but they dint know i had a third dog and my other pit probably bit him cause there was little blood on the pavement and my dog had a cut by his eye like if they had a knife and tried to shank him. I knew something was going on cause the dogs were barking like crazy but i thought nah its probably a damn cat so i didnt feel like getting up if i would of got up and found someone outside they would of caught a bullet from my .44.lol

The next morning my two dogs were running around the front with some other mutts. But those two dogs are nice thyre only 9 months old thier sisters And my other pit is a buff mean @ss pit that will bite the sh!T out of you so i wasnt surprised that dog went into attack mode.Even though he would of opened the door for this dog he wouldnt of went out he would of stayed in he always does. Any ways i dont mean to preach but i had nothing better to do. lol

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3946
I like Rottweilers better than pitbulls personally, mainly because I think they look better. We have a rottweiler/black lab/husky mix. It looks like a medium sized lab with a husky tail, but it has a pretty big head. Man, people sure do get the wrong impression of dogs like that though. They think they are born naturally mean and will attack anything. Our mut is super playful and sweet, but because of the rottweiler in it, he's super territorial and checks out anything that comes into our yard. Good dogs to have around...

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 1405
if some one tries to get my stuff, they are in for one hell of a surprise.

it takes just the right tools and quite i long time to get my stuff. the box is huge, you dam-well have to take the seats out to get it out...and it is bolted down from INSIDE the box! i also use those special keyed bolts that require a specific tool on everything.

unless they wanna spend 30mins just trying to figure out how to get the stuff out once they break in...then another 20-30mins unbolting $hit. (you have to have someone else hold a "backup" on the bolts :-) )

oh yea, a nice remington model 11-87 premier comes in handy also.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1149
yeah ive got a remington model 870 express supermagnum 12 gauge. how about a 3n 1/2 inch shell in ur a$s$? 00buck. i also have about 12 other guns 10 feet behind me, but that would be my prime choice. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2359
"REMINGTON 870 for the PEDIGREE" - KOOL KEITH

from the track WEAPON WORLD off Prince Pauls CD A Prince Among Thieves

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us