Loud!

Silver Member
Username: Nocc1n

US

Post Number: 126
Ok, I am going sub shopping soon.
I wanna know what you guys think will be LOUD, but will also retain good sound quality.
I had someone who builds boxes say that two type r's will get louder then one 13w7 and retain similar sound quality.
And he has the same trunk as me, same car pretty much cept dif. size engine. And he said he broke 150 with a 15 inch type r and the box took up almost the whole trunk.
True? Or possible?
Well just give me your suggestions on LOUD with good quality. Something that I can break 150 with =D
The box size can be up to 16 inches tall, 16 inches wide, and 30 inches deep.
So gimme ideas people!
Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1112
that is not much space to work with. sorry to say but i highly doubt you'll break 150. very highly unless you use like DD 9500 series or a MT but they dont have the SQ your looking for. IF those were your interior dimensions (but they prolly arent) youd have 4.44cuft before displacement. thats not much room for a SQL system to hit 150. i HAVE heard of a 13w7 hitting 151 in a SQL box. but not too common. i think your best bet would be to get the new XXX when it comes out. and put it in a sealed box. there is no way you have room for a ported enclosure. as far as the 2 15inch type Rs go against a 13w7. yes i think the type Rs would be louder. and sound good. do i think you could hit 150 with 1 15inch typre r? no i dont. i dont think i could either. especially not with an SQL inclined enclosure. is it possible? yes i bet it is with the PERFECT enclosure.

so my idea would be to try the new XXX 12. sealed. wont break 150 i bet but you will have almost 5 inch P2P excursion :-)

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 127
not 16 inches wide***** 36 inches wide whoops

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1115
wow. big difference. lol. are those external dimensions or internal?

if internal then you have 10cuft.
external 8.25cuft.

thats a LOT more room lol. now i would go with a new XXX 12 ported. lol. cant find out the box reccomendations until after SEMA though.

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 128
yes it is a lot more room, and that is external. think i could get 150 now? lol with a single or double? and that isnt all the room thats all the room where i could fit a box without having to kick it in lol

Silver Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 101
nocc1n, do you have a DeVille? Cause those are my exact trunk parameters - 'cept I may be able to go 34 depth...

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 129
lol i could go 34 also, and nope i have a 96 lumina our trunks are probably pretty much the same though. i actually could go 40 if i wanted to, deep that is but i would have to shove it in from the backseat lol

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1118
nocc1n. 150 in a SQL system is still alot to ask for. i want to do that but with an 8cuft NET box. thats about 12cuft gross. if you want to sacrifice some SQ for SPL go with a 35hz tune. but i want a 30hz tune myself. with 16 inches height total could you fit a 15? that would be close. if so you could try 2 15s. but i would think 2 12s would be your best bet. how much money on subs and amps, and do you have a HO alternator?

Silver Member

US

Post Number: 130
yes i have a ho alternator (200a), and im basically getting an idea of what i want in advance. i am probably going to isolate 2 batteries in the trunk. money isnt an option on subs and amps, and i dont want mt's like you said before... they require to much power then im willing to feed them lol.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1133
like i said. 2 12inch of the new xxx's will be a good bet. but still about the 150db..idk..

Bumpin Focus Hatch
Unregistered guest
My friend has two 15" Alpine Type Rs in an ext. cab S-10, with two Alpine amps pushing almost 1000 watts to each, bass cap, dynomatted the whole vehicle and he is only hitting around 146.8. It might be b/c he has less room to work with but still, I think with 1, a 150 is a little out of reach.

Bumpin Focus Hatch
Unregistered guest
My friend has two 15" Alpine Type Rs in an ext. cab S-10, with two Alpine amps pushing almost 1000 watts to each, bass cap, dynomatted the whole vehicle and he is only hitting around 146.8. It might be b/c he has less room to work with but still, I think with 1, a 150 is a little out of reach.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us