Upgrade to Kicker 10" L7's

Username: Ajm

Post Number: 1
I have a extended cab f150 which currently has a $35 10" dual sub and dual 460w amp. Obviously nothing too special (it was hooked to the cd player in my house) but it does get a bit of a bump for the cheap price and people at school tell me its loud (odd enough??).Anyways I had a bit of money and just ordered 2 10" kicker L7's and will order a amp sometime next week.

I was wondering will I notice a big difference in this upgrade? Sound quality isnt too big of a deal to me right now im just looking to raise some hell and make noise. I understand this isnt the best setup around but it was all I could afford.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1319
you'll pound. and based on your description, you'll get exactly what you're looking for.

Post Number: 2
Thanks.. :-) :-) thats just what I wanted to hear. I had heard 4 of the 12's before in a similar truck but didnt know if the 2 10's would actually raise just as much hell.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1321
they won't. not as much surface area. but it'll get loud. and certainly louder than a 35.00 sub.

Post Number: 3
Seems like itll be just enough to make me happy and turn a few heads possibly.

Silver Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 352
two 10" L7's, wont raise NEARLY as much hell, as four 12" L7's.

One thing - You do realize that your amp is going to be much more expensive now, right? (or amps). Properly powering two L7's, you're now looking at electrical system upgrades. You should think about investing in a HO alternator for your ride, unless people in your area think headlights dimming to the beat is cool.

I'm not sure the RMS wattage on that dual amp, but, with the two 10" L7's, you should be pushing about 1200 watts RMS to them. This will cost you $400+ if you want to get a decent amp to push them. Or, you could go HiFonics for about $260 with the 1605D.. But I'd get something a little better if you really want to turn heads.

Seth

Bronze Member
Username: Alanledbetter

Post Number: 30
get the kicker 1200.1. It looks freaking awsome and it works great. It does put out about 1400 rms though. im killing my alternator right now until i can get a new one.

Post Number: 4
I do understand I will need a different amp and such. Im looking to get the hifonics that you mentioned or as you also said something alittle better. It just pretty much depends on money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us