Seas Lotus Reference on Ebay

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 541
Hey guys just happened to be ebaying. Came across these. Insane deal if it's really legit!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Seas-Lotus-Reference-6-1-2-component-set-w-tweeters_W0QQitem Z5821439963QQcategoryZ18799QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I wasn't sure if I trusted it or not so I didn't want to go for it but there ya go.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1322
"Sale is final due to other factors that may lead to failure."

buying used items on ebay really sets off my stomach. particularly with disclaimers like these.
sure is mouthwatering though. i'm thinking of going with the dyn 340's. i've read superb tests on the SEAS, but according to jonathan's descriptions, i think i'll be ok with my current decision as long as i don't hear a set, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4954
Hey, did CA&E test the set with the aluminum or fabric tweeter? Just curious :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1333
it was the aluminum, i'm almost positive.
i havn't been able to locate the mag. one of the ones that wifey has "had it up to here" with.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4956
That means that if you go with the Dyns, you put the Iridiums in her ride and try to put a smile on her face. My g/f wouldn't know Sony from SEAS, though, your wife might be the same.

Funny thing about the spouses, though, I've been doing a lot of moving lately since I FINALLY got the house pretty much finished, I was about a mile from the house towing the last big load of stuff in a U-haul and my transmission starts slipping back and forth from 3rd to 2nd. I got the truck solely because I needed a beater to pull building supplies in, so the timing was near perfect. So my g/f is riding with me and feels it slipping, and brings it to light that I need a new truck (duh). I told her I was going to recover after the house and save up enough to put a good down payment on a really good truck, and then she offers to take me up to a Ford dealer and lay 10,000 smackers down on a new F-150. Granted, I did the same on her car when in the state of being "financially independant" (translation: I put my money in the bank, you pay for everything), but I didn't really expect her to return the favor or anything. So I'm going to be kissing a lot of butt here in the next few weeks/months, but I'm happy as hell.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1335
congrats. that's a sweet deal. now you have a bit more room to work with than you had originally anticipated, right? i went and looked at the dodge charger. won't be able to afford it any time soon (again, must be nice. congrats) but perfect foundation for a system. battery in easy access spare tire well, huge trunk, big pods in the door to accomadate the 7 or 8". roomy kicks, and the current highs are in the dash.
it got me to thinking, are those esotars meant for flush dash mounting? can't fathom mounting them in the pillars being as broad as they are. also, would they be a huge step up from the MD 100 included with the 340?
as far as installling the 6.3 in her car-not bl00dy likely, lol. my sister had a 3000gt once. couldn't possibly appreciate it. same basic concept here. i was thinking more along the lines of a package deal from ED to split the "sony/Iridium" difference.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4957
"it got me to thinking, are those esotars meant for flush dash mounting?"

Heh, I guess if you can fit them, they're as big as the 5.25" mid, it would be easier to install the dome mid up there, to put things in perspective. Tweeter is pretty deep too. It has an advantage over the MD100 at a lower x-over frequency, such as mating it with the MW160 midwoofer, but once you get to a higher crossover frequency like that with the 340 I wouldn't say it has enough of an advantage to justify the cost and labor required. The MD100 is still a very good compact dome tweeter. Dynamically the Esotar will be superior. I'd put the tweeter (MD100) in kicks anyway, x-over freq. is around 4,000hz and a shallow slope. You could go active and change that with good results, but with the stock passives I wouldn't recommend it. But with the equipment you already have I'd guess you're going to go active anyway :-).

I've seen the new Charger. The new Mustang also has a similar setup to what you're describing.

I still have the green light going for the Ranger. It isn't a new F-150, but it's good on gas and it'll give me something to ride to work in. F-150 will be more for pulling trailers and hauling wood around in, and long trips if I get a camper in the next few years. Might go ahead and get a 250 or 350, though, When I say new, I mean new to me, I'll be getting a used (or "certified preowned") truck, so I'm going to be patient and go find exactly what I'm looking for. I tend to do a lot of hauling and towing and I may want the extra capability, especially since I have a little truck to do the less strenuous jobs. Don't know why, I always had a soft spot for the 1st generation Rangers. I guess it's because I spent my teenage years and part of my 20s in the days of hair metal, but I remember when the Ranger first came out. It'll be a pretty nice truck if I get a little more time to work on it. All it needs is a rear main seal, and I'm going to rebuild the transmission while I'm at it just so I don't have to worry about it since it sat for so long. Interior is in perfect shape, I've done compression checks on the engine and it checked out very well, no ticks, everything is within tolerances as far as I can go with testing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1341
"But with the equipment you already have I'd guess you're going to go active anyway :-)."

funny you should mention it. that's the thing. i'm not planning on giving up my current system/truck, but i love the flexability an active system grants me. when i ran the 6.3 passive, the system lost entirely too much power and dynamics. that was with about 140watts/channel.
i was hoping that maybe the 340, with its 200 watt/channel rms, might afford better results. that way i could just go with a nine.2x and a nine.1 and call it a day. if, in addition, doing so would help scrap the need for a x-over AND eq i would be in luck. since that's not the case, chances are i'll go with the pioneer p9 set up. if active, then the .2x will put 200 to the 7" and an a nine.4 will put 120 to the 1" and 3". still wonder if there is any benefit of "going back" to passives though. particularly in this instance (?).

my truck is in need of that same rear main seal. costs me a quart every 2-3 weeks. have to put it on the back burner though, cuz its in the shop now with a bad actuator-no heat.
they have to pull the dash (nuff said, $). in addition, the engine is making an awful clacking sound. i'm hoping its a matter of an oil change. all this into the sound system and now it won't run right. typical. should have listened to mom and got that "certified preowned" option.:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us