Quick Question.

Bronze Member
Username: Tarek

Post Number: 12
I just got two JL 12w3v2 d4 and was going to get the JL 500/1 amp. My buddy said since it is a mono amp it can't power d4's. Does that even matter?

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 135
lol ur buddy's a retard.....
if they are DVC you can wire the subs to handle a 1ohm or 4ohm load.
if they are svc you can wire the subs to handle a 2ohm or 8 ohm load.

What are the RMS numbers for those subs? I'm too lazy to go find em.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
300 RMS per sub.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2504
a mono amp means that it only has one channel.
kinda like a stereo amp has two channels....left and right.

that is probably the most ignorant thing i have heard in a while...lol

Silver Member
Username: Comp98

Philadelphia, PA USA

Post Number: 137
the JL 500/1 is 500 watts RMS @ 1ohm
Hopefully your subs are DVC so they can be wired at 1 ohm.

That amp is underrated so it might put out 500-550 watts. For the subs, Jl recommends 600 watts (300 x 2) but 500-550 will be fine for those subs, they'll still hit hard.

If you can find an amp that does 600 - 700 watts RMS @ 1 ohm that would be better (amp has to work less hard) but unlike what your buddy told you, the JL 500/1 will work!!

Silver Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 211
the Jl amp will do 500 watts @1.5-4 ohms and it sends out a clean signal so you will be getting at least 500-550 watt rms and it will be very efficient. that amp will work perfect thats what most Jl dealers will recommend for 2 w3's.

P.s. good choice in subs I have 3 of them! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Yeah they're dual 4 Ohm voice coil. Just wondering what amp has 600-700 watt RMS that is TRUE. And that doesn't cost over $800. I think I'll stick with JL because I haven't heard a bad thing about them. Plus my subs are JL.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 1114
yeah make sure you dont wire them to a 1 ohm load. unlike most amps the amp will not clip and blow your subs, but it will go into protection and send out considerably less power. fi they are D4 wire them into a 4 ohm load because the amp still pushes 500wrms (actually about 10% more) but if you did want an amp that pushes more the zapco reference 750.2 is 570 on www.woofersetc.com this amp you can wire a sub to each channel at a 2ohm load for 250wrms each or bridge it and run it at a 4ohm load. your choice. but be careful. i e-mail zapco and they said the amp is so underrated that when bridged it pushes close to 1000w rms!
xtant3.1 each sub would be good too. jus thought of that lol. look around.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us