Help a girl who doesn't know much about Mach 460 sound systems!

Username: T8ntedcandy

Post Number: 1
Hello, I have no clue about car audio. All I know is that I have a 2000 Mustang with a Mach 460 sound system. It is awesome. A month ago, my factory CD player died, and today I had a Pioneer installed. The sound quality totally sucks now and I asked the guy at the audio shop about it. He said that I would have to get an amp for $350 to get that awesome sound quality again. I don't know anything about car audio, but is he telling the truth, or is he just trying to get some more money out of me? I am tempted to do it just because I miss my 460 quality so much, and the sound is so bad now. If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks guys!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2034
You'd be better off just replacing the speakers...

Post Number: 2
Jexx,what is the best speaker brand that has a similar sound quality or better than the Mach 460? I can't spend over $350. Thanks for your help.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1315
sounds like a matter of eq. many of the stock units have an auto eq that, for one, attenuates the bass as the volume is increased in order to make the factory drivers sound like they're really doing something (without blowing). this factory internal eq also helps out in other ways, but basically it's a cheap option to make inadequate speakers sound better than they really are.

i agree w/jexx. replace the speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2037
For speakers? JL would be my first recommendation, especially if you can afford the XR series speakers. Eclipse and Infinity are also nice speakers that would fit in your budget...

Username: Spradio

Post Number: 8
The factory radio had outputs for the 4 corners and a separate mono output for the sub woofer system. It sounds like the aftermarket system was never connected to the sub woofer system. This can easily happen since the sub represents a 5th channel and aftermarket head units do not account for this. If you liked your system so well, why don't you restore/repair it? I repair car stereo, and I can tell you that repair is almost always the lowest cost option to solving factory sound system failures.

Bronze Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 47
The 460 sound systems are amped the amp was located in the middle of the car behind the stock radio when they changed out your head unit they probably by passed the amp cause it takes less time to install that way instead of figuring out the amps wireing

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 183
Its not a kitchen system so there's no need for you to know!

Post Number: 3
Wow, Benny Boy- what an intelligent answer! Let me get to my kitchen real quick and serve you a nice, hot plate of "get a life!"

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 184
You asked for it! buy playing the Girl ticket, Get over it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us