Car system upgrades

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 568
Ok, right now I have a Pioneer Premier 470 HU, 4 Pioneer 3 ways, a Kicker 450.2 amp with 225rmsX2 power, 2 RE12's, and a sealed box. I was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade both the front speakers (to Alpine Type R components) and to upgrade the sealed box to ported. Would the bass increase a TON? Would the SQ remain the same and would the "punchiness" of the subs remain the same?

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
bump

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 109
It will be alot louder, and i dont think the sq would change enough for you to not like it. the type R componets will sound good, will u run them off an amp or the hu?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2500
i think your should upgrade the front speakers, and then buy an amp to power them. you will notice a considerable difference after doing that.

you would get a little more output with a ported box, but "don't fix it if it ain't broke". lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 570
bump. Can't amp the speakers. Limited money, no parents permission etc. It ain't happenin. I heard I could get better SQ and SPL out of a ported box over a sealed but I thought sealed was better SQ wise. I guess I will still look into type r's for the front components. Do those alpines sound really good?

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 63
i have some running of the hyead unit although i dont know what model but they sound better than the kenwoods i had in there. it sounds clear im pleased with them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us