Help With Sony CA700x

Username: Morayne

Post Number: 1
I am installing (or trying to) the sony CA700x in a 1996 Dodge Caravan. I purchased the wiring harness kit that plugs right into the factory plugs. I've color coded all the wires for the stereo adapter, and there were 2 wires left over from the stereo wires (the blue with the white stripe REM AMP and the ATT light blue wire). The was also 2 orange wires (one with a white stripe) from the caravan wire kit that are for the dimmer and illumination. The problem is the unit won't turn on unless I hook the Rem amp line to the dimmer line (orange with white stripe). This will allow the unit to come on but it shuts of if I turn on the lights?? I have tried to run direct power to the blue line but that seems to do nothing. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2026
The amp remote turn on should be getting no power, it is meant to put out power to turn on an external amplifier.

My guess is that you bought the wrong wire kit or it needs to be altered slightly for the correct wires to match up.

Make sure the wiring kit is matching the wires correctly by using this chart (though there may be slight variations):
http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/dodge/general.html

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us