Sub cutting out?

SlaYa
Unregistered guest
Hey, I recently setup my car audio setup.

The sub does not hit at all, If I turn the bass setting up, it will hit pretty nice (for 150watts atleast) but then a second or two later it will cut out.
I tried turning the gain down, but no matter how I set it, it will cut out unless the gain is basicly at 1/4 and evan then if I turn the bass all the way up on the head unit I won't hear it AT ALL..

I know it's not this sub that's the problem, because my brother has 2 in his car (both getting a total of 160watts rms combined) and I can hear him coming into the block, but then again he has a 400$ amp.

I'm not sure what the problem is, I have 8guage wiring..

some people say my head unit is not strong enough, but it's only 150watts rms I don't see why my head unit shouldn't be powerfull enough.

my setup:
pioneer deh-2700 (head unit)
CDT ka-61 components (front speakers)
pioneer gm-3100T (amp)
pioneer ts-w300r (single sub)

SlaYa
Unregistered guest
anyone....?

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 2465
the gain is not a volume knob for your amp.
it is to match the input signal for the amp from the output signal sent out by the HU.

thus when you turn the amp up, it is trying to amplify an over-processed signal.(over-intensifyed).

your amp is clipping the hell out of your sub, and then shutting off.:-)

slaya
Unregistered guest
hrm, so what would be my problem then?

..because when i set the gain lower I lose all my bass.

i'm sure this sub/amp can hit a lot harder then what it is when i set the gain down.

are you trying to say that my head unit is not powerfull enough? would a EQ help?

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1320
you might have damage to your tinsel lead(s). i would check them.

Username: Mateo

Post Number: 1
how can a head unit be too weak. just curious

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 4099
is that sub a dual voice coil or single? are you sure you have it wired correctly? if you have it wired wrong it will cause it to go into protection if you are running it at low impedence's below its capability's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us