Anyone ever had this problem?

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 163
sorry for posting here but its a general question and no other parts of the forum answer. when im driving, the higher the speed i go the louder my system plays when its at the same volume the whole time. like if i put it at 12 it sounds medium then when it hit 55mph its loud as sh*t and it does it everytime. anyone know why?

Silver Member
Username: Tdisanto

Post Number: 468
well when travelling faster, rather than just sitting at idle, your alternator will be putting out more Voltage. However this shouldnt affect your system unless your amps have unregulated power supplies. In that scenario than the more voltage produced would equal more power. However the voltage differences are only on the magnitude of a couple of volts, which wouldnt make the difference of "medium and loud as sh!t"

So, it sounds like you have some issues with your alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1525
@ higher engine rpms your voltage goes up to 14 (amps play louder @ 14 volts) where as the regular voltage with car off is 12

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1526
@ higher engine rpms your voltage goes up to 14 (amps play louder @ 14 volts) where as the regular voltage with car off or @ low rpms is 12

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1527
Mike beat me to it by a few seconds - lol

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 86
If I had to guess, I'd say your Head Unit has a "speed sensitve volume control". It is called different things on different HUs. It usually has different settings, low, medium , high etc. The end result is the faster you go (more cabin noise) the louder it will play. Many new factory units have this feature as well. Just read the manual and disable it.

Silver Member
Username: Thigpen

RVA, Va Usa

Post Number: 164
i dont have any amps in my car right now. im getting subs and an amp soon, but for right now i just have my premier 770 that i put in about a month ago and ive been noticing it everytime i drive

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 91
Should be page 53 of the manual.
Section
"Using automatic sound levelizer"

Will show up as ASL on your display.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help