Amp cutting into protect

Bronze Member
Username: Jake110011

Jackson, Michigan

Post Number: 37
Heres how it all started, i was pounding my hifonics bx1605d amp along with my two hifonics atlas square 900 watt rms subs and my cd player started smoking. I installed it myself (I work at a car audio shop as an installer)So i knew it couldnt be any wires touching ground behind the head unit. SO i rip out my cd player and i can see the cd player smoking, (somethething internally burned up in the radio)no wires caught ground. when the radio burned it sent my amp into protect. So i go buy a new clarion755 head unit, hook it up and now everytime i turn my volume halfway up protect comes on. ive tried turning the gain down, and ive tried adjusting the bass.
anyone know anything else i could try? i just dont wanna pay shipping to get the new amp if there is nothing wrong with it. o yea, my subs are at 1.5 ohm (parallel)

Bronze Member
Username: Nutty91rs

Bloomington, Indiana USA

Post Number: 57
crank the amp up to about were it will go into protect, then: check the voltage at your power and ground terminal on your amp, then check your patch cables make sure the outer jacket of one didn't burn up somehow. Finally check your remote wire make sure it's not losing a bunch of voltage.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us