Tell me I'm not the only one...

Bronze Member
Username: Six

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 83
Is it just me or does anyone else have 2 seal'd 12s hooked up to their computer running through a 650w stereo...

hmm... who cares anyways.

Bronze Member
Username: Reef

Post Number: 14
How does that work?

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 84
Comp. audio out to stereo's Aux input. Stereo puts out 650 x 2 @ 8ohms so I wired the 2 4ohm subs in series to the stereo.

Silver Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

Post Number: 106
i actually took apart one of my old bass guitar amps and speakers and wired it up to my computer it puts out 100 watts at 8ohms. 2 15's...it sounds good for rap but anything else..ehhh haha

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 446
you ever seen spinners on a dump truck?

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 85
L@FF!

...No, but I saw a street sweeper on switches... lol.

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 131
ok what exactly do i do to hook up some subs to my computer

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
anyone?

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 89
lol. First, you either need to splice some RCAs into a headphone type jack to plug into the back of ur comp. (or buy a converter). Then plug in the RCAs into the Aux or input on ur stereo. Plug in your subs' wires to the stereo's output (usually home stereo is 8ohm so wire them right) Then turn your stereo to Aux, then play music on your comp.... not all that complicated. Don't forget to turn on your stereo... oh and your comp. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
theres ono way to do it without spliceing rca's or buying a converter
oh and watts the rms when you do this

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
ok i found some xtra rca's how do i splice them then what do i do

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 92
Rms is whatever your stereo puts out before it gets distorted. Just splice some RCAs... it's only a 2 min. job. That is if you think it's worth the hassle.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
im bored today and i dont work today, got all the time in the world, how do i spile them, just combine them?

Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 364
i did the same thing u did SIX sounds go0d but i got a hummin noise but still sounds go0d

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 93
the 2 wires in the RCAs and the 2 wires in the headphone jack both have 2 smaller wires in each. So in total, theres 4 wires in the RCAs and 4 in the headphone jack - just color match them; you'll see.

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
ok so i expose the wires in a pair of head phones, i did that and theres a red a black and a yellow?

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 94
Scott, on ur comp., turn the volume on everything down to 50%. The hummin' noise is excess wattage goin' to the stereo.

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 95
Eddy if the red and black each also have a copper wire with them then it will work. Just match up Red to Red, Black to White. Do the same with the bare copper wires that accompany the reds black and white.

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 96
Upload

Bronze Member

Flint, MI U.S.A.

Post Number: 97
Hope that helps...

Bronze Member
Username: Yada

Post Number: 35
I got a custom boombox running with a kicker 350.4 + infi Ref. For power supply using the computer power supply jumped 12v @ 12 amps. Plenty of power. It pounds the crap out of any crappy speakers you buy off the shell in bestbuy :-)

Username: Graphix1

Post Number: 1
hey guys i got a pioneer tsw306dvc and i dont know how much watts to put to it is 1000watts max 400 rms

Silver Member

Post Number: 140
i wouldn't put anymore than 400 watts rms in it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3584
I have my cerwin vega dx7,s (12's with a mids and tweets in each cabnet) hoked to my onkyo 0ld school 424 reciever with a 1/8 male single line stereo adapter that come out to two female ends on the other side for the right and left channel then i have a 20 ft rca into that into a rca input in the back of my reciever.....I can play mp3s from my hard drive and even play internet radio stations through winamp...its pretty nice for very cheap all you have to do is buy the cables...it cost me about 8 dollars for the cables minus the 20 ft rca I already had

Gold Member

Post Number: 3585
i can also play dvds through my dvd rom on my computer using my nvida fx 5200 256 meg video card with s video out put to my television and send the sound out through your stereo reciever as before using windows media player or winamp.....if you need more svideo inputs and sound inputs like I did you can add a selector box with svideo inputs and then push the button for the device you want to use (like your xbox ps2 dreamcast pc video card or whatever) ps...winamp is 5.1 comaptable also

Gold Member

Post Number: 3586
if you download movies to your hard drive you can also watch them on your tv using a svideo out video card like I have....I watch illegal street racing videos I downloaded off the internet its nicer than a tiny computer monitor....also dvds wether compressed or standard format look pretty much just as good through my video card to my tv as they do on my monitor except on a 27 inch tv screen instead of a 17 inch monitor .....i added a wireless keyboard and mouse also if I want to sit from my couch and send commands but you can also add a remote control for winamp or windows media player instead

Gold Member

Post Number: 3587
something else I want to build some day ..how bout a 6 ft screen for dvds web surfing and tv viewing...build your own projection screen instead of the wall of course

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20041113/projector-09.html

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20041113/projector-13.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 3588
you can download the video of a movie playing on it here

http://www6.tomshardware.com/howto/20041113/projector-12.html

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 572
or WHAT IF, I hooked my home subwoofer (15rms) up to my kicker 450.2 AMP!!! that wouldn't be pretty.

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Post Number: 573
Oh and to be honest, I might be pulling out my 2 Pioneer 3 ways from my car. Is there any way I could hook them up to my current computer stereo system or even my TV or something to get added better quality sound?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3591
"or WHAT IF, I hooked my home subwoofer (15rms) up to my kicker 450.2 AMP!!! that wouldn't be pretty."

you could with a 12 volt power supply to the amp

"Oh and to be honest, I might be pulling out my 2 Pioneer 3 ways from my car. Is there any way I could hook them up to my current computer stereo system or even my TV or something to get added better quality sound?"

three ways come to mind for the computer

1. you could hook the 3 ways to a set of powered computer speakers that you gutted for the built in amp and build a new enclosure for the 3 ways and the amp that was built in and you would have a new set of 3 way computer speakers

2. have a cheap stereo reciever hooked to your computer via the sound port as i did in my example above and send the power of the reciever to the three ways through the stereo reciever

3. have a cheap amp hooked to a pc power supply to turn the amp on and run a 1/8 single male single input adaptor with dual female ends on the other side out (1/8 inch) into your computer sound card (dual female side) out a another set of rcas and then send the other side out to your amplifier and hook the three ways up to the speaker wire connections on the amp and your done ....or once again use a 12 volt power supply or buy a power amp used for home use

out to tv

to make it easy you could hook the 3 ways to your home stereo and send the audio from your tv through the home stereo and place the three ways in an enclosure....you could run audio through your tv still and control it with the remote like before and control the three ways with the stereo remote or manually by the volume dial.....this could make a nice 4 way speaker set up if you placed them on speaker stands or on a wall mount or even behind your couch with the tv sound as your front stage and stereo as your rear sound stage (kinda) would make for a cool tv and gaming sound experience ...this all assuming you dont have a dolby prologic reciever

Gold Member

Post Number: 3592
"out to tv" should read "out from tv"

Bronze Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 14
:-O anyone else have 8 12s 2 10s and 2 15s playing off their computer? :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us