Do these enclosures really work?

Bronze Member
Username: Alexochoa

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 60
Would like to buy something like this blue one, but the subs wont sound a bit....or will they?

http://cgi.ebay.com/CUSTOM-FIBERGLASS-SUB-BOX-NEW-10-12-SEALED-OR-PORTED_W0QQite mZ5820515370QQcategoryZ50565QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 697
You can't go wrong with fibreglass, assuming its made well. Also, go sealed, because that way you don't have to worry as much about them getting the right volume and port size exactly right. Fibreglass is better than MDF for enclosures because its more rigid and will flex less. Assuming they're made well...

Bronze Member

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 62
but when you flip the subs (magnet outside) do the subs still produce bass?

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 30
no matter if you have the magnet in or out theyll still produce bass.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 701
quick lesson of what sound is: vibrating air. The air is vibrated by current passing through a coil surrounded by a magnet which is used to make the cone vibrate at certain speeds, or frequencies. As long as only one side of the cone is only open to the cabin, there will be sound. Actually there's sound even if the speaker isn't baffled, it was just suffer massive cancellation, the sound waves produce on one side are exactly 180 degrees out of phase with the other side.

Bronze Member

Tucson, Arizona USA

Post Number: 65
ooooo ok. well i just thought there would be no bass, like free air subs. sorry i'm a newbie

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 703
no need to apologize, we all started there at some point.

Bronze Member
Username: Need4bass

We-Be-Swamps, Louisiana

Post Number: 83
One reason they invert the subs is to keep the interior volume of the enclosure. By moving the mass of the speaker outside of the enclosure you don't lose the airspace that the speaker itself takes up.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1520
thats true - i think the real reason though is for the BLING effect & just having something apart from the crowd .....
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Lanzarchamp

Bakersfield, California United States

Post Number: 134
well in my old set up, it hit lower and harder inverted but i had better sq and response time when it was regular, but it depends on your setup
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us