GlAsS Help Please!?

Brad From PA
Unregistered guest
ok so im getting 2 infinity kappa 10.1D subs 350 rms a piece they are dual 4 ohms so i was thinking about getting a hifonics BX1205D...its 1200 x 1 @ 1 Ohm and i hear they are overrated...so since my subs will be in a sealed box and the amp isn't reallly putting out 600wrms to each sub i was wondering if it would blow out the subs and if not would it sound decent...i just wanat something to show up the kids at my school that have audiobahn and JLw0 subs and amps...thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 698
If this is your first time dealing with that kind of power, don't over-power your subs so much, unless you really think you have the restraint and abiliity to know when you're pushing them too hard. BTW, infinity kappas aren't loud subs. I like them in an SQ setup, but I don't get the feeling thats what you mean when you talk about showing up the kids at your school. Just food for thought.

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 699
think about that until Glass graces you with his wisdom :-)

Brad From PA
Unregistered guest
thanks for the advice...i was actually thinking abut sq i mean their subs slam but they are so distorted

Brad From PA
Unregistered guest
also with that amp would i need a HO alt or could i get by with just a 1.5 f cap?

Brad From PA
Unregistered guest
well i have just read alot of reviews of this amp and the only thing anyone has to say is get a good amp...is the hifonics good enough at the wattage it is or should i hold out and get something better...i mean i don't want to spend more money but i guess i can if i have to

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 707
I really don't know first hand about the qaulity of those new Hifonics amps. I like the JL e1800D for 2 of those subs. But I'd get the 4 ohm SVC version of them. The "e" class amps are made in Korea, and that one will give you 400 watts apice at 12.5V. This will let you power them at 2 ohms instead of 1, but it costs a bit more I'm sure to do it this way.

Brad From PA
Unregistered guest
welli am getting the infinity's off of Ebay for 209 for dual 4 ohm so i can't really go single unless i want to pay 450 for the pair...thanks anways!

Silver Member

College Park, MD

Post Number: 711
fair 'nuff

Bronze Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 61
Just to know, infinity will not warranty the items from Ebay, unless authorized internet dealer, good luck. Not alot of them,

Brad From PA
Unregistered guest
it is an authorized dealer well it says full warranty so if its not thru infinity its threw someone else thanks for the advice tho!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us