Kenwood kvt 815 - help please

Unregistered guest
i've had this head unit for about a year but suddenly the remote stopped working. I changed the batteries a few times then figured the remote was broken so i ordered a replacement. The brand new replacement remote didn't work either so I now think the remote sensor on the head unit may be dead. Is there anyway to get this fixed?

I really don't even care if the remote works my problem is that there doesn't seem to be any way to navigate a DVD without the remote so I haven't been able to play any dvd's! Sux bad. Is there any way to navigate a dvd that has menus without the remote? I tried everything I could think of with no luck. If a dvd does not have a menu it works fine because it just starts playing but any dvd with a menu, there is no way to press play on a particular menu option. This is really bad please help!

Bronze Member
Username: Brandonk17

Post Number: 44
My first impression was that the remote sensor might be bad as well... you could probably get it replaced but im not sure what they run... i would call kenwood and ask them what a replacement sensor might cost... also if not very many people can help you out here try posting quick in multi media systems to see if anyone in there happens to be able to help you out

jex is the man though in HUs so he might know when he reads your post

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 2020
Yeah, it's the sensor in the headunit.

It isn't that expensive of a repair, really. Like Brandon said, you would be best off calling Kenwood or a nearby service center to get an approximate price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us