Would a Hifonics BX1205D Move This...

Bronze Member
Username: Chary

Dominicab Republic, Santo Domingo

Post Number: 70
Would a hifonics bx1205d move a pair of pioneer ts-w306dvc 4ohm - 400rms. I need an amp to those subs. not very expensive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
i heard something of wiring them, i dont know about this, please help me choosing this please.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 73
please help me with this man

hahaha
Unregistered guest
yes it sure will

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1510
I own a pair of those subs .Wire them @ 1ohm & yea that amp would work just fine ....btw - build a ported fac speced box for them .

Bronze Member
Username: Jake110011

Jackson, Michigan

Post Number: 20
The hifonics 1205d is basically 1000 watts rms (true power) Hifonics rms is actually pretty close to true power. The hifonics amps are also real clean, I think the 1205d would be a great choice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 74
What did you say about the ported, i dont know about this. How did i build that, can you give me the specs.

Bronze Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 31
yeah the hifonics amps are overated by a little bit not much do. Its harder to build a ported box than a sealed box.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1511
Oettinger

if u bought those Pios subs brand new it comes with a sub specs sheet - if not go to Pioneer's website . Sealed boxes for it sound kinda held back/dull but its a world of difference with ported . Very simple to build - u could port it with pvc pipe ,this site has a calculator for box building & pipe tuning www.the12volt.com .

Bronze Member

Post Number: 75
It is very complicated, i dont understand nothing of that. Its really complicated, i could get the sub specs sheet for you to help me please.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
Please help with the ported enclosure

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1512
Like how ????????????
Rec ported is 1.65 cu.ft
to use the calculator enter 1.65 cu .ft for the volume , enter 2 measurements of 2 sides in inches say 18 x 15 & the calculator will give the 3rd measurement . Basic carpentry .

To do the tuning ,enter INTERNAL pipe size u wish to use (3" is most common) ,enter tuning freq & the calc gives u the length of the pipe to cut .

Take your time & read over www.the12volt.com site & understand it .

If building a box is too hard for u - search online for a prefab box with the volume in each chamber u need ,the freq & make sure the box is made of 3/4" MDF ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
one thing, i was in another forum, and i was asking about the amp and the subs. and they answer this -

You'd be better off with the SVC 4 ohm subs with that amplifier, which would make 900 watts into 2 ohms. But you have the DVC 4's, and you're putting a 1 ohm load on the amp for 1200 watts. I don't like this setup especially if you are looking for a vented enclosure. Overpowering will kill the subs especially if they're in a box that will encourage it. And the 1 ohm load will put extraordinary demands on that amp.

Please help me on what i should do, if that is true or false. Thanks

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1516
Well somebody there is just believing in numbers & not experienced facts

Hifonics are OVERrated meaning they output less than they advertise . A common %age that the guys on here who have experience say is 70-75% of rated so 70% of 1200 = 840wrms @ 1ohm .
1 Pio sub is rated 400wrms but in the spec sheet u will see that they rec a little lower is needed .

So 2 x 400 = 840wrms .Buy 4ohms DVc subs & connect to = 1ohm .

Its a good idea to buy a slightly bigger amp than what is needed so that your does not have to work @ max when u crank your vol up .
Thats why i recently bought a MB Quart raa1000 to run my Pios - but i'm waiting for it to be delivered by mth's end .
If do u decide to get those Pio subs - for the $55 online price i can tell u they are plenty loud & are a good econo bang for the buck deal .........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 78
Yes, I bought them all ready online at 55. I have to buy the amp now. Im buying that amp, the hifonics bx1205d in about 230 dollars. Thanks for the help man. and another question, i got here two cars, but im not getting the same music. im planning tu buy two cerwin vega vmax svc or dvc, i dont know, and i dont know with which amp should i move it.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1517
Yea that amp is around $200 online + s/h .
here's a good site which incl s/h http://www.carstereoland.com/shop/shop_goodsview.asp?Top=1&g_code=20057251822347 055475

send a link to those CV subs

Don't u wanna try a pair of 12" type R ? - like which i'm soon upgrading too ....

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 204
Insnt 4ohms DVCs sub wired in parallel = 2 ohm?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1518
oh i just notice that u are also in the caribbean ! - thats right next door to Puerto Rico right ,same island ?.

Are u buying from the USA & having some1 ship it down to u ?

U can buy a sheet of MDF & have a carpenter build 1 for rather than pay alot of s/h

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1519
No thats 1ohm , Donato

check this out http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 79
yes, just next door. What do you say about the sheet of mdf.

www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1475.html

thats the link for the CV Subs. they are really good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 80
And anothe question man, i dont have speakers in the interior, i got the fabric ones, i was thinking in a pioneer 6 x 9 in the back and a 6.5 pioneer in the front and buy another amp for the interior, please help me with that, with the speakers and amp for the interior.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1522
Do u have to get Pioneer coaxes - u want an all out Pioneer system ? .
does not matter if u get a different or better brand like INFINITY . The Reference series are reasonably priced .
What deck have u got ?

So for the other car - u want it a tad less loud ? - cause those CV are rated @ 300wrms & notice just like the Pio they are 4ohms SVC & DVC ...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1523
Oh - & the MDF , personally i'd get 1 inch thick . Might costs a few $ more but box will be stiffer & sound better too - your box may end up slightly larger too compared to 3/4 made box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
i dont want all pioneer, if there something better for the same price, please help. I want to know what speakers should i put in the front an in the back, i dont know, i dont know what amp. Please help me with the interior. Amp and Speakers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
because i dont know about the speakers, please explain me about the ways, cause the pioneer have 5 ways and the reference got 2 ways, and the watts, i dont know.

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 1524
click on my profile to see what i'm going with

is any of these within your budget
http://sonicelectronix.com/viewcat.php?show_thumbnails=1&show_description=1&id=2 9&car_only=&page=1&manufacturer=40&new_page=1
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=16&Manufactu rerID=610&PageNum=1&SortField=1&SortOrder=0&ShowAll=False&AttrID=1&AttrValue=6.5 &RowIndex=3
possibly cheaper elseware .
good brands to check out
Alpine
Boston Acoustics (lower model lines)
Bravox (coaxials)
Cerwin Vega
Crystal
Earthquake
Fusion
Infinity (Kappa and Reference series)
JBL
Kicker
Memphis Audio
Pioneer
Polk Audio
Rockford Fosgate

good 4 channel amp around 75 to 100wrms are
Orion
JBL
MB Quart
PPI
Alpine
MTX

6x9s hardly come in components

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
i want somebody that recommend me what to put in the interior. in the front, back and what amp to use. Something not very expensive
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us