Glasswolf/Isaac/Jonathan - Need Subs for dual bandpass box

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2259
My friend wants to buy my dual 10 q logic bandpass box and i was curious as to what subs whould work well with this particular box.

Here is a link to what it looks like

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-BANDPASS-DUAL-10-SUB-BOX-ENCLOSURE-HARDCORE-BASS_W0QQite mZ5818038352QQcategoryZ32823QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 298
It depends on what you mean by "work well". Prefab bandpass boxes are horrible IMO. You might get some decent output out of the enclosure, but it will probably sound like complete butt while doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 814
That box is probably tuned to like 60hz, ugh....

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 316
I have a BOX JUST LIKE That for my lanzars and it hits hard i havnet herad good but it hits hard i dont know. I still havent goten a responce on what should the specs be for my lanzars i checked online and what is a 30Hz was only Khz figure i got so i dont konw man. But hey its not bad ill tell you that. Only diff mine hs plexi class intead of just on the front on the top too and also has a glass at the bottom of the box.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2260
This is not for me like i mentioned and for a friend who is interested in the box but i know for a fact most subs will sound horrible with this type of box and is why i posted this here. I am a SQ guy and prefer the sound of a sealed box or a properly done ported box. I just need some subs that are made to match with this type of dual 10 bandpass box.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4822
MO, it'll depend on the bandpass's tuned frequency. As long as the sub meets/exceeds that, then it'll handle without any problem.
The trick is getting that information. There are some programs that will tell you what the tuned frequency is based on the number of ports, size and box volume.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2262
Isaac what do you think about these for him.

Infinity Referance 1030W

or the newer model

http://69.93.14.227/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2954

like 2 of these subs in the box powered off of 250/1 jl amp and call it a day for him. He only listens to rap music so this sounds like the way to go for a budget system considering he's buying the stuff off me.

Im selling him the box and jl 250/1 and hes gonna pay for the subs but not sure which subs for this bandpass box. The freq on this sub ranges from 25hz-400hz

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 301
Still wouldn't reccomend the bandpass setup..

Tell your friend to go sealed if he's using a prefab enclosure.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2263
Yeah i know but he listens to mostly rap and i think ported or bandpass whould suit him better with that amount of power hes playing with. Besides im trying to get rid of the bandpass box and the jl 250/1 and hes gonna pay me for it

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

College Park, MD

Post Number: 702
dude MO, the baffle looks like its 3/8" thick and its made out of particle board. Don't foist that off on a friend.

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 320
Well hey can i find out what the Hz for a 4 port 12" long and 4" in diamtere pre fab bandpass box?

I can also get the dimentions any one know a site to check that? I can make my own box jus problem is i dont know the kind of wood to use if it matters and is it best to carpet inside and outside of the box.

Bandpass isnt for SQ:S?

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2264
I think im gonna suggest the infinity referance subs with this box.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4828
MO, Infinity REF1040W should be fine with the bandpass box. Since your friend listens to mostly rap, it'll do the job.
The sub is only 250w rms, so getting 2 and wiring them in parallel will give 500w rms. Good enough.

Gold Member

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 2266
Yeah, thanks for the input isaac
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us